Stopping XP from popping up warnings help?

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

I would like to make Windows XP stop popping up messages like the ones when
I plug a USB 2.0 device into a 1.1 port. It pops up a message about HiSPEED
device being plugged in a low speed port. Is it possible to stop XP from
reporting all this errors... I find it quite irritating and would like to
stop the messages. Also I have a wireless network.... Evertime it connects,
it pops up a silly message saying its connected... I want this to stop also.

Thanks

You'll need to go to run,type:regedit In regedit expand:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\
software\microsoft\windows\current version\explorer\then open advanced.
Microsoft wasnt to clear on which does exactly what,but you L.click on the
text,then go to modify,set any of them to 0 this disables,you'll find
several,
start with,show info tip,enable balloon tips,set each to 0 ,or set all to 0
if one
chooses to.