Sign in with
Your question

Popping/cracking w/ SB Live! 24-Bit on Tomb Raider Legend

Last response: in Components
October 12, 2006 7:47:49 PM

Am I the only one experiencing this problem? I get lots of popping and a loud distortion (kinda fades in and out 2-3 times a second) especially when music is being played. Tried it in both my motherboards and still I have this problem. Got the *latest* drivers if you can call them that. I tried installing the 1.2 patch - nada.
October 12, 2006 9:06:57 PM

I get the same kind of thing with my Sound Blaster Audigy 2. I would get a lot of crackling & popping noises so I changed my audio from hardware to software in bf2 and that solved my probs.
October 12, 2006 10:32:14 PM

Yeah but there is no such option in Tomb Raider, though. :x Ugh.
October 12, 2006 11:03:08 PM

I occasionally get this on my Audigy 2zs when playing COD2 with the volume cranked.

I really reduced the problem by removing all the unnecessary hookups on the card (extra firewire, usb and midi ports) and turning down the volume of my speakers. That usually fixes it.
October 13, 2006 4:53:13 AM

Right now this only happens with older DirectX 6 based games and this one. Everything else sounds fine. I have only the 1/8" speaker jack plugged into the output, and line in and mic are muted. I think it's software specific.
October 13, 2006 5:42:35 AM

I don't know what motherboard you have but I've seen problems with the nforce 4 motherboards that bleed crap across the whole pci bandwidth that really throws off sound cards.
!