Changing Picture for User Accounts on XP Pro

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • User Accounts
  • Windows XP
November 27, 2004 4:17:38 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi!

I'm looking for a little bit of help, here's what I'm trying to do:

I know how to change the picture for a user account and I'm using my own
pictures. However, does anyone know the exact dimensions the pictures needs
to be so that it uses up the whole space. Basically, I want to match the
dimensions of the pictures already on the computer to select from so that I
don't have any remaining empty space.

Thanks in advance!

Maria :)

More about : changing picture user accounts pro

Anonymous
November 27, 2004 6:27:23 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

In news:6f6qd.22433$aA1.20008@fe07.lga,
Maria C R <mariacr@charter.net> did some thinking and came up with these
words:
> Hi!
>
> I'm looking for a little bit of help, here's what I'm trying to do:
>
> I know how to change the picture for a user account and I'm using my
> own pictures. However, does anyone know the exact dimensions the
> pictures needs to be so that it uses up the whole space. Basically, I
> want to match the dimensions of the pictures already on the computer
> to select from so that I don't have any remaining empty space.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Maria :)

48 X 48

--
Ron Bogart {} ô¿ô¬
Associate Expert

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Perfect!

Thanks Ron!

MaRiA :)

"Ron Bogart" <ripSPAM@SUXtbit.net> wrote in message
> In news:6f6qd.22433$aA1.20008@fe07.lga,
> Maria C R <mariacr@charter.net> did some thinking and came up with these
> words:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I'm looking for a little bit of help, here's what I'm trying to do:
>>
>> I know how to change the picture for a user account and I'm using my
>> own pictures. However, does anyone know the exact dimensions the
>> pictures needs to be so that it uses up the whole space. Basically, I
>> want to match the dimensions of the pictures already on the computer
>> to select from so that I don't have any remaining empty space.
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> Maria :)
>
> 48 X 48
>
> --
> Ron Bogart {} ô¿ô¬
> Associate Expert
> "Life is what happens while we are making other plans."

November 27, 2004 6:52:20 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

In news:2G6qd.22440$T73.4199@fe07.lga,
Maria C R <mariacr@charter.net> did some thinking and came up with these
words:
> Perfect!
>
> Thanks Ron!
>
> MaRiA :)
>
> "Ron Bogart" <ripSPAM@SUXtbit.net> wrote in message
>> In news:6f6qd.22433$aA1.20008@fe07.lga,
>> Maria C R <mariacr@charter.net> did some thinking and came up with
>> these words:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I'm looking for a little bit of help, here's what I'm trying to do:
>>>
>>> I know how to change the picture for a user account and I'm using my
>>> own pictures. However, does anyone know the exact dimensions the
>>> pictures needs to be so that it uses up the whole space. Basically,
>>> I want to match the dimensions of the pictures already on the
>>> computer to select from so that I don't have any remaining empty
>>> space. Thanks in advance!
>>>
>>> Maria :)
>>
>> 48 X 48
>>
>> --
>> Ron Bogart {} ô¿ô¬
>> Associate Expert
>> "Life is what happens while we are making other plans."

YW - Good luck

--
Ron Bogart {} ô¿ô¬
Associate Expert
"Life is what happens while we are making other plans."
Anonymous
November 27, 2004 8:04:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi Maria,

Actually the size of the image doesn't matter, as long as the
height and width are the same. WinXP will then convert the
image to a thumbnail when it is selected and it will fill the box.

Here's the location of the hidden folder the User Account Pictures
are located in:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\
Microsoft\User Account Pictures\Default Pictures

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]

!