Changing Picture for User Accounts on XP Pro

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi!

I'm looking for a little bit of help, here's what I'm trying to do:

I know how to change the picture for a user account and I'm using my own
pictures. However, does anyone know the exact dimensions the pictures needs
to be so that it uses up the whole space. Basically, I want to match the
dimensions of the pictures already on the computer to select from so that I
don't have any remaining empty space.

Thanks in advance!

Maria :)
4 answers Last reply
More about changing picture user accounts
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    In news:6f6qd.22433$aA1.20008@fe07.lga,
    Maria C R <mariacr@charter.net> did some thinking and came up with these
    words:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I'm looking for a little bit of help, here's what I'm trying to do:
    >
    > I know how to change the picture for a user account and I'm using my
    > own pictures. However, does anyone know the exact dimensions the
    > pictures needs to be so that it uses up the whole space. Basically, I
    > want to match the dimensions of the pictures already on the computer
    > to select from so that I don't have any remaining empty space.
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    >
    > Maria :)

    48 X 48

    --
    Ron Bogart {} ô¿ô¬
    Associate Expert

    Perfect!

    Thanks Ron!

    MaRiA :)

    "Ron Bogart" <ripSPAM@SUXtbit.net> wrote in message
    > In news:6f6qd.22433$aA1.20008@fe07.lga,
    > Maria C R <mariacr@charter.net> did some thinking and came up with these
    > words:
    >> Hi!
    >>
    >> I'm looking for a little bit of help, here's what I'm trying to do:
    >>
    >> I know how to change the picture for a user account and I'm using my
    >> own pictures. However, does anyone know the exact dimensions the
    >> pictures needs to be so that it uses up the whole space. Basically, I
    >> want to match the dimensions of the pictures already on the computer
    >> to select from so that I don't have any remaining empty space.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance!
    >>
    >> Maria :)
    >
    > 48 X 48
    >
    > --
    > Ron Bogart {} ô¿ô¬
    > Associate Expert
    > "Life is what happens while we are making other plans."

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    In news:2G6qd.22440$T73.4199@fe07.lga,
    Maria C R <mariacr@charter.net> did some thinking and came up with these
    words:
    > Perfect!
    >
    > Thanks Ron!
    >
    > MaRiA :)
    >
    > "Ron Bogart" <ripSPAM@SUXtbit.net> wrote in message
    >> In news:6f6qd.22433$aA1.20008@fe07.lga,
    >> Maria C R <mariacr@charter.net> did some thinking and came up with
    >> these words:
    >>> Hi!
    >>>
    >>> I'm looking for a little bit of help, here's what I'm trying to do:
    >>>
    >>> I know how to change the picture for a user account and I'm using my
    >>> own pictures. However, does anyone know the exact dimensions the
    >>> pictures needs to be so that it uses up the whole space. Basically,
    >>> I want to match the dimensions of the pictures already on the
    >>> computer to select from so that I don't have any remaining empty
    >>> space. Thanks in advance!
    >>>
    >>> Maria :)
    >>
    >> 48 X 48
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ron Bogart {} ô¿ô¬
    >> Associate Expert
    >> "Life is what happens while we are making other plans."

    YW - Good luck

    --
    Ron Bogart {} ô¿ô¬
    Associate Expert
    "Life is what happens while we are making other plans."
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Hi Maria,

    Actually the size of the image doesn't matter, as long as the
    height and width are the same. WinXP will then convert the
    image to a thumbnail when it is selected and it will fill the box.

    Here's the location of the hidden folder the User Account Pictures
    are located in:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\
    Microsoft\User Account Pictures\Default Pictures

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]

    "Maria C R" <mariacr@charter.net> wrote in message
    > Hi!
    >
    > I'm looking for a little bit of help, here's what I'm trying to do:
    >
    > I know how to change the picture for a user account and I'm using my own
    > pictures. However, does anyone know the exact dimensions the pictures
    > needs to be so that it uses up the whole space. Basically, I want to match
    > the dimensions of the pictures already on the computer to select from so
    > that I don't have any remaining empty space.
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    >
    > Maria :)

Microsoft User Accounts Windows XP