OCR scanning multiple page to one Word or PDF document

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
July 15, 2004 9:20:55 PM

Looking for a new scanner and software for small law office. Need document
feeder to scan multiple page legal documents into WordPerfect and also
create PDF. Trying to find software that scans OCR from multiple page
document into one multiple page document in Word. Information I get seems
that multiple pages are scanned into separate files.

What software will scan with with OCR and create a multiple page WordPerfect
document (one file) from a multiple page document?
Anonymous
July 16, 2004 2:23:00 AM

"MarkB" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Looking for a new scanner and software for small law office. Need document
> feeder to scan multiple page legal documents into WordPerfect and also
> create PDF. Trying to find software that scans OCR from multiple page
> document into one multiple page document in Word. Information I get seems
> that multiple pages are scanned into separate files.
>
> What software will scan with with OCR and create a multiple page
WordPerfect
> document (one file) from a multiple page document?

The "King" of PDF is Adobe. www.adobe.com

OmniPage Pro 12 and probably 14 can save the OCR'd results to the following
WordPerfect file formats. OmniPage Pro is capable of multi-page documents to
single multipage file. True Page is a What You See Is What You Get format.
Omnipage can output PDF directly.

The following is copied from OmniPage Pro 12 Help:

WordPerfect 9, 10 (*.wpd)
No Formatting, RFP, True Page, Flowing Page

WordPerfect 8 (*.wpd)
No Formatting, RFP, True Page, Flowing Page

WordPerfect for Windows 6.0, 6.1(*.wpd)
No Formatting, RFP, True Page

WordPerfect for Windows 5.1, 5.2 (*.wp5)
No Formatting, RFP, True Page

Microsoft Word formats:

Microsoft Word 2000, XP (*.doc)
No Formatting, RFP, True Page, Flowing Page

Microsoft Word 97 (*.doc)
No Formatting, RFP, True Page, Flowing Page

Microsoft Word for Windows 6.0 (*.doc)
No Formatting, RFP, True Page, Flowing Page

Best price for OmniPage is at www.scantips.com.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com