image preview takes forever to load first image

ME

Every time I reboot the image previewer application takes a minimum of
75 seconds to load the (first) image when I attempt to open a graphic
for viewing. Once I've viewed (any) image, subsequent images load
immediately.

Why?

The machine is beefy and contains sp2, direct X 9, and all critical
patchsets.

Hi,

You don't mention which image viewer you are using.

See if you get the same results with:
Irfanview: http://www.irfanview.com/

--
Regards,