XP Pro Backup to DVD.

How can I backup my files to a DVD-RW using the Backup program installed with
the Win XP Pro?
4 answers Last reply
More about backup

    "Snide" <Snide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | How can I backup my files to a DVD-RW using the Backup program installed
    with
    | the Win XP Pro?

    You can't.

    Windows XP has no native DVD writing capabilities at all, backup or
    otherwise.

    I use and like Stomp's BackUP MyPC which does backup directly to DVD R/RW as
    well as most other media.

    http://www.stompsoft.com/backupmypc.html

    I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
    I was just trying to help.
    advice herein.
    No warranty is expressed or implied.
    Your mileage may vary.
    See store for details. :)

    Remove shoes to E-mail.

    See http://www.firestreamer.com/fsdvd/

    "Snide" <Snide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<0D5E3EFF-041F-4CD7-86AB-94A405AAAD4F@microsoft.com>...
    > How can I backup my files to a DVD-RW using the Backup program installed with
    > the Win XP Pro?

    Hi

    XP Pro (nor XP Home) has any built-in DVD software. You will need to use a
    3rd party program such as:

    Roxio - http://www.roxio.com/en/products/index.jhtml
    Nero - http://www.nero.com/en/Nero_6_Reloaded.html

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Snide" <Snide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How can I backup my files to a DVD-RW using the Backup program installed
    > with
    > the Win XP Pro?

    You can to DVD+RW with Firestreamer-DVD
    --
    http://www.firestreamer.com - NTBACKUP to DVD and DV

    "Snide" <Snide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<0D5E3EFF-041F-4CD7-86AB-94A405AAAD4F@microsoft.com>...
    > How can I backup my files to a DVD-RW using the Backup program installed with
    > the Win XP Pro?

DVD Backup Microsoft Windows XP