XP Pro Backup to DVD.

November 28, 2004 4:25:02 AM

How can I backup my files to a DVD-RW using the Backup program installed with
the Win XP Pro?

More about : pro backup dvd

Anonymous
November 28, 2004 8:40:44 AM

"Snide" <Snide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| How can I backup my files to a DVD-RW using the Backup program installed
with
| the Win XP Pro?

You can't.

Windows XP has no native DVD writing capabilities at all, backup or
otherwise.

I use and like Stomp's BackUP MyPC which does backup directly to DVD R/RW as
well as most other media.

http://www.stompsoft.com/backupmypc.html

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.
Anonymous
November 28, 2004 12:43:28 PM

See http://www.firestreamer.com/fsdvd/

"Snide" <Snide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<0D5E3EFF-041F-4CD7-86AB-94A405AAAD4F@microsoft.com>...
> How can I backup my files to a DVD-RW using the Backup program installed with
> the Win XP Pro?
November 28, 2004 2:08:22 PM

Hi

XP Pro (nor XP Home) has any built-in DVD software. You will need to use a
3rd party program such as:

Roxio - http://www.roxio.com/en/products/index.jhtml
Nero - http://www.nero.com/en/Nero_6_Reloaded.html

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Snide" <Snide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I backup my files to a DVD-RW using the Backup program installed
> with
> the Win XP Pro?
Anonymous
November 28, 2004 5:29:27 PM