Using a Canon LIDE 20 with a Thinkpad T23 ?

Archived from groups: ibm.ibmpc.thinkpad,alt.comp.periphs.scanner,alt.comp.periphs.scanners,comp.periphs.scanners (More info?)

I have a Thinkpad T23 and am considering getting a Canon LIDE 20
scanner. This device does not have its own AC power cord and therefore
draws its power from the computer via the USB port it's plugged into.

Although I plan to be using this while the laptop computer is running
on the AC adapter (and not when it's running on the battery), I'm
still concerned whether there's adequate power at the USB port.

Has anyone used a Canon LIDE 20 with a Thinkpad T23 and can comment on
how well it worked?

dennis

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2003

wylbur37nospam@yahoo.com (wylbur37) startled small woodland creatures
when they said:

>I have a Thinkpad T23 and am considering getting a Canon LIDE 20
>scanner. This device does not have its own AC power cord and therefore
>draws its power from the computer via the USB port it's plugged into.
>
>Although I plan to be using this while the laptop computer is running
>on the AC adapter (and not when it's running on the battery), I'm
>still concerned whether there's adequate power at the USB port.
>
>Has anyone used a Canon LIDE 20 with a Thinkpad T23 and can comment on
>how well it worked?

I've used a lide 50 with an R31 and off of the battery without any
problems... (other than a shorter battery life of course ;-) )

----

"education is the progressive discovery of our own ignorance" --Will Durant
"people who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to " Jerry Seinfeld
"If we don't have a sense of humor, we can't have a sense of perspective --Wayne Thiboux
To Reply: Scrape off the end bits...