Kzero

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
I borked my monitor a few days ago out of frustration and a freak accident

picture86di4.jpg

And it's new monitor time.

I ordered this...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824104002

The price seemed good, and being a n00b to hardware, it was pretty much the best thing I thought I could get for the price.

20 minutes ago I stumbled upon this though...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824009083R

For the same exact price! Am I missing something here? Why is this the same price...and is bigger and (I think) better?

Just kinda lost on this, and need to find out some professional info before I call newegg when they open to cancel my current order, and purchase this instead.

Any help will be appreciated.

Darkchyld

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
I recently got this one..Acer is good

Don't know about your first choice, but my experance with Acer products has been good. A good friend got an Acer laptop about a year ago and I got that LCD for the wife about a month ago. Good picture for web cruz'n, the "wide" screen limits the video cards it works with. ( Using a 9600 ATI )

mkaibear

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2006
The second one is "Open Box" - so it's been returned by someone or is ex-demo.

It could have dead pixels, it could have minor manufacturing defects which mean it works but isn't quite as good as a new one, it could have blemishes or marks to the case.

Or it could be perfect.

It's a gamble!

Kzero

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
I recently got this one..Acer is good

Don't know about your first choice, but my experance with Acer products has been good. A good friend got an Acer laptop about a year ago and I got that LCD for the wife about a month ago. Good picture for web cruz'n, the "wide" screen limits the video cards it works with. ( Using a 9600 ATI )

Well I had gotten it because of my price range. I didn't wanna spend over $160 because I wanted to leave the rest ($50 or so) for shipping costs. After purchasing that monitor I searched for Acer monitors. The name came to me (of course AFTER the purchase LoL) out of the blue from previous searches.

And that's the same card i'm using. I'm looking to upgrade that too in a few weeks.

The second one is "Open Box" - so it's been returned by someone or is ex-demo.

It could have dead pixels, it could have minor manufacturing defects which mean it works but isn't quite as good as a new one, it could have blemishes or marks to the case.

Or it could be perfect.

It's a gamble!

Oh wow...didn't even notice the open box part. I'm such a smart consumer LoL. Thanks for noticing that. I'll save the gamble and stick to my original purchase.

Thanks for the help :D