Sign in with
Your question

overclocking and super PI

Last response: in Overclocking
October 13, 2006 3:51:25 PM

i've got a X6800@320x11 and try to play with the super PI
after installed windows xp (with sp2), i can't always completed the super pi (seems not stable, even 1m i can't complete), but i've test it with dual orthos (one with small and another one running as large) with priority 9 for 4hrs no problem....
what should be the problem?
one more funny things is, it seems stable for testing 4hrs dual orthos and i do arround 4 dvd rips then i restarted the computer, i just said overclock or overvoltage fail =,=
i'm using Asus P5WDG2 WS PRO
with following setting
vCore 1.375
vFSB 1.4
vMCH 1.6

More about : overclocking super

October 15, 2006 4:55:21 AM

have you changed anything in the bios. if so try running default settings.
October 15, 2006 5:35:56 AM

give us more specs, what ram, psu etc. do you have?

make sure you have the latest bios/drivers, and run dual instance of prime95 for at least 12hrs, the more the better. Here is a guide that will tell you how to setup up prime95 to stress both cores.
Related resources
October 15, 2006 5:37:44 AM

You probably just need a boost in Vcore or memory volts.
If you have ram timings wrong or voltages too low it will give you that error when you reboot.
October 15, 2006 6:15:53 AM

(see) you need to put your sig of what type of hardware your using. such as motherboard, processor, memory, powersupply etc...
October 21, 2006 2:24:36 PM

dear all, i'll found the problem about it
because my windowsxp pro is link to a windows2000 domain.
after i've join the domain the superPi will get error (even i'm running at all default) but if i disable the network then everything just fine....
now i can play with superPI but i don't have idea how to complete solve this problem....
!