Sign in with
Your question

ATi Shareholders Agrees on AMD Merger

Last response: in CPUs
October 13, 2006 4:15:29 PM
October 13, 2006 4:18:26 PM

Now it's time for ATI to make some killer chipsets for AMD. I'm really sorry for Nvidia but businesses are made to make money and nothing else.
October 13, 2006 4:20:27 PM

I'm really thinking there should be a CPU news subsection.
Anyways:
Quote:
ATI shareholders voted 99.7 per cent in favour of the deal Friday at the company's annual meeting in Toronto. The deal is expected to be completed during the week of Oct. 23.

Wow. Looks like the shareholders are either quite happy to pair up with AMD or they're just really optimistic about the companies future.
Related resources
October 13, 2006 4:38:12 PM

Some one remind me why I'm not in the stock market again?
October 13, 2006 4:39:18 PM

Quote:
Wow. Looks like the shareholders are either quite happy to pair up with AMD or they're just really optimistic about the companies future.

Or they know a good deal when they see one... Anyone remember how much AMD bid for those shares or was it a stock swap offer? I'm not convinced that they didn't overpay... Often when you get such overwhelming support for this type of deal then the bidders may have gotten away with a smaller offer...
October 13, 2006 4:41:28 PM

Because your here with us on THGFZ
October 13, 2006 4:42:46 PM

Flame war danger: Edit your post.
@The K1ng
I wonder what their reasons were besides the obvious that they might have been contrary bastards.
October 13, 2006 8:59:39 PM

Quote:
Flame war danger: Edit your post.

I second that.
October 13, 2006 9:07:17 PM

Quote:
Now it's time for ATI to make some killer chipsets for AMD. I'm really sorry for Nvidia but businesses are made to make money and nothing else.
Oh...why are you sorry for nVIDIA?
nVIDIA have more market share than ATI. nVIDIA will make chipsets for AMD platforms also, but the best portion of the chipsets cake is offcourse, the chipsets for Intel based systems.
October 13, 2006 9:08:01 PM

Quote:
Oh...why are you sorry for nVIDIA?
nVIDIA have more market share than ATI. nVIDIA will make chipsets for AMD platforms also.

He may be an ATi-fans :D 
October 14, 2006 5:56:30 AM

Well, duh....
:) 
Did you think they wouldn't?

I don't know if the deal would be approved.
But from the share-holders' view, the deal was attractive.
Over 99% agreed the merger.
October 14, 2006 7:17:20 AM

Thats disapointing.

I wanted amd and nvidia togeather.
October 14, 2006 7:54:48 AM

Quote:
Thats disapointing.

Same here. :( 
October 14, 2006 9:24:59 PM

Quote:
Thats disapointing.

Same here. :( 

your avatar looks gay
please change it unless you are gay and it is on purpose. if so then I support you being gay with that avatar! go gay guy!

WTF!?!?!
October 14, 2006 9:55:16 PM

Quote:
your avatar looks gay
please change it unless you are gay and it is on purpose. if so then I support you being gay with that avatar! go gay guy!
WTF!?!?!

Precisely what I’ve thought :lol:  .
October 15, 2006 1:59:19 AM

Stay on topic... stay on topic... what the hell did he mean by that anyways?
October 15, 2006 2:39:13 AM

Hopefully ATi makes some great chipsets for AMD and their DX10 cards rocks the house :) 
October 15, 2006 5:31:52 AM

Quote:
...what the hell did he mean by that anyways?

I have no idea. It was completely uncalled for.

Anyway… back on topic.
!