ATi Shareholders Agrees on AMD Merger

K8L_XTREME

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
Now it's time for ATI to make some killer chipsets for AMD. I'm really sorry for Nvidia but businesses are made to make money and nothing else.

I'm really thinking there should be a CPU news subsection.
Anyways:
ATI shareholders voted 99.7 per cent in favour of the deal Friday at the company's annual meeting in Toronto. The deal is expected to be completed during the week of Oct. 23.
Wow. Looks like the shareholders are either quite happy to pair up with AMD or they're just really optimistic about the companies future.

qcmadness

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2006

JCon

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2006
Wow. Looks like the shareholders are either quite happy to pair up with AMD or they're just really optimistic about the companies future.

Or they know a good deal when they see one... Anyone remember how much AMD bid for those shares or was it a stock swap offer? I'm not convinced that they didn't overpay... Often when you get such overwhelming support for this type of deal then the bidders may have gotten away with a smaller offer...

gOJDO

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
Now it's time for ATI to make some killer chipsets for AMD. I'm really sorry for Nvidia but businesses are made to make money and nothing else.
Oh...why are you sorry for nVIDIA?
nVIDIA have more market share than ATI. nVIDIA will make chipsets for AMD platforms also, but the best portion of the chipsets cake is offcourse, the chipsets for Intel based systems.

qcmadness

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2006
Oh...why are you sorry for nVIDIA?
nVIDIA have more market share than ATI. nVIDIA will make chipsets for AMD platforms also.

He may be an ATi-fans :D

qcmadness

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2006

BMFM

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
your avatar looks gay
please change it unless you are gay and it is on purpose. if so then I support you being gay with that avatar! go gay guy!
WTF!?!?!

Precisely what I’ve thought :lol: .

TRENDING THREADS