Cingular Blurb in the mail

Last response: in Network Providers
November 20, 2004 2:47:34 PM

So I get this 24 page Cingular shiney full color "magazine" (Propaganda)
in the mail, it it seems to me its a MAJOR waste of money for Cingular.

This sort of puffery with misleading pat yourself on the back
information only generates more needless Support Calls.

http://www.phonecontent.com/bm/news/gnews/590.shtml

It describes the merger, with the same rosey boilerplate thats been at
www.newcingular.com for a month now.

There's a statement form Stan Sigman (CEO Cingular) that makes it sound
like integration with ATTWireless is complete - Ha, maybe in 2 years we
can discuss how far along they are.

A worthless 1" = 300 miles map of GSM coverage, with no hint of how to
get a more detailed map for where you live. These maps NEVER reflect the
information about known deadzones, that could be found at
http://www.cellphone.homestead.com/

Some slightly better Cingular maps can be found at:
http://onlinestore.cingular.com/html/Maps/

2 pages on Mobile to Mobile which was supposed to be interoperative
between ATT and Cingular as of Nov 15. I still haven't heard yea or nay
whether thats happened 100%.

A page on Family Talk, and a page on Rollover with the fine print that
Rollover minutes expire after 12 months buried at the bottom of the last
page, 13 pages later.

Then there's promotion of new Cingular phones, not mentioning price or
the fact that they require either a new line of service or a renewal of
an 18 month old contract. Listed are:

Motorola Razr v3
Nokia N gage
Sony Ericsson z500
Sony Ericsson S710
Motorola MPx220
Siemens X66
Blackberry 7290

=======================
So a question I have, is someone is in the first year of a 2 year
contract, whats the premium to be charged if one wants to buy a Razr v3?

More about : cingular blurb mail

Anonymous
November 20, 2004 2:47:35 PM

> =======================
> So a question I have, is someone is in the first year of a 2 year
> contract, whats the premium to be charged if one wants to buy a Razr v3?

Half an arm, or an entire leg. -Dave
Anonymous
November 20, 2004 2:47:35 PM

> So I get this 24 page Cingular shiney full color "magazine" (Propaganda)
> in the mail, it it seems to me its a MAJOR waste of money for Cingular.

And your opinion is so highly valued by whom?

> This sort of puffery with misleading pat yourself on the back
> information only generates more needless Support Calls.
>
> http://www.phonecontent.com/bm/news/gnews/590.shtml

Different things entirely- have finally you given up on Hooked on Phonics?

> It describes the merger, with the same rosey boilerplate thats been at
> www.newcingular.com for a month now.

And the problem with that is?

> There's a statement form Stan Sigman (CEO Cingular) that makes it sound
> like integration with ATTWireless is complete - Ha, maybe in 2 years we
> can discuss how far along they are.

One guarantee- you'll never be in the discussion. You'll still be on the
sidelines, picking your nose and trying to get attention by misquoting,
fabricating and spouting opinions not based in fact. Translation- Cingular
will evolve while you don't.

> A worthless 1" = 300 miles map of GSM coverage, with no hint of how to
> get a more detailed map for where you live. These maps NEVER reflect the
> information about known deadzones, that could be found at
> http://www.cellphone.homestead.com/

And how much are you willing for your rate plan to increase to cover the
additional postage required to mail this type of detail to every subscriber?

> Some slightly better Cingular maps can be found at:
> http://onlinestore.cingular.com/html/Maps/

Same question as above.

> 2 pages on Mobile to Mobile which was supposed to be interoperative
> between ATT and Cingular as of Nov 15. I still haven't heard yea or nay
> whether thats happened 100%.

And who are you? Do you fall in the approval chain for these types of
announcements?

> A page on Family Talk, and a page on Rollover with the fine print that
> Rollover minutes expire after 12 months buried at the bottom of the last
> page, 13 pages later.

Common knowledge, bonehead- even non-Cingular people know this.

> Then there's promotion of new Cingular phones, not mentioning price or
> the fact that they require either a new line of service or a renewal of
> an 18 month old contract.

If there is no price, all they are doing is showing the newest phones
available. Care to point out where they are doing something wrong, or how
it would be different than a picture of the new Ford Mustang in a magazine
with no mention of price or sales restrictions?

> Listed are:
>
> Motorola Razr v3
> Nokia N gage
> Sony Ericsson z500
> Sony Ericsson S710
> Motorola MPx220
> Siemens X66
> Blackberry 7290
>

> =======================
> So a question I have, is someone is in the first year of a 2 year
> contract, whats the premium to be charged if one wants to buy a Razr v3?

Oh, I've got to watch this unfold- the troll is stuck early in his contract
and wants something from Cingular. He has no negotiating point and none of
his typical outs on his contract. And now that the companies have merged,
they have direct access to the information surrounding his departure from
ATTW.
November 20, 2004 5:28:41 PM

In <jzwick3-BA51ED.05472820112004@news1.east.earthlink.net> on Sat, 20 Nov
2004 11:47:34 GMT, FUDMEISTER Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>2 pages on Mobile to Mobile which was supposed to be interoperative
>between ATT and Cingular as of Nov 15.

Straw man -- Cingular didn't say that.

>[SNIP other ranting]

>So a question I have, is someone is in the first year of a 2 year
>contract, whats the premium to be charged if one wants to buy a Razr v3?

The subsidy is $50/year.

November 20, 2004 7:33:04 PM

In <srGdnQgzBMx_9ALcRVn-1Q@adelphia.com> on Sat, 20 Nov 2004 08:59:44 -0700,
"Scott Stephenson" <scott.stephensonson@adelphia.net> wrote:

>"Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message

>> So a question I have, is someone is in the first year of a 2 year
>> contract, whats the premium to be charged if one wants to buy a Razr v3?
>
>Oh, I've got to watch this unfold- the troll is stuck early in his contract
>and wants something from Cingular. He has no negotiating point and none of
>his typical outs on his contract. And now that the companies have merged,
>they have direct access to the information surrounding his departure from
>ATTW.

Yep -- hoisted by his own petard. :)

November 22, 2004 4:53:38 AM

Anybody else notice they said the RAZR V3 weighed 0.29 ounces?

--
MICHAEL J. MacMAHON
Captain (ret.) KCPD

Remember, Golf is not a matter of Life or Death;
it is MUCH more important than that.

NOTE: All outgoing mail is scanned by McAfee Virus Scan for your safety.

!