• ASUS P5NSLI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ASUS P5ND2-SLI

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jakec

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2005
So, I want the ASUS P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe Motherboard. It has a North Bridge nForce chipset, but I don't see the South Bridge chipset listed. I don't know what this means, but I think all the other motherboards I've looked at have both.... What does this mean? What are the advantages and disadvantages? I appreciate reading the advice. Thanks. By the way, I'm looking to overclock, so let me know if the chipsets effect that as well!

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
So, I want the ASUS P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe Motherboard. It has a North Bridge nForce chipset, but I don't see the South Bridge chipset listed. I don't know what this means, but I think all the other motherboards I've looked at have both.... What does this mean? What are the advantages and disadvantages? I appreciate reading the advice. Thanks. By the way, I'm looking to overclock, so let me know if the chipsets effect that as well!

nVidia has for the most part moved to a single chip chipset so the So Bridge is the same name as the No Bridge.

SciPunk

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
I don't know if that's exactly accurate. Surely somthing is sitting in the location where your southbridge normally sits...
P5N32-SLI Deluxe

It's even got those crazy heat pipes connected.

It does seem that the Southbridge is using the same name as the Northbridge... "NVIDIA® nForce4 SLI"

But the new NForce570 chipset is out now, so consider it instead of nForce4:
P5NSLI