New PC XP SP2 ??

I just got a new emachines PC with XP Home and I don't see any mention of
SP2 being installed. What do I do to find out if it has SP2 from the
factory?
tnx
Hank WD5JFR
9 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    In news:lUsqd.34589$bP2.29206@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com,
    Henry Kolesnik <kolesnik@sbcglobal.net> typed:

    >I just got a new emachines PC with XP Home and I don't see any
    >mention
    > of SP2 being installed. What do I do to find out if it has SP2
    > from
    > the factory?

    Right-click on My Computer and choose Properties. If SP2 is
    installed it will say so there.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    Go to Start > Run and type: msinfo32.exe , and hit enter.
    If SP2 is installed, it will show "5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600"
    next to the Version listing.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Henry Kolesnik" wrote:

    | I just got a new emachines PC with XP Home and I don't see any mention of
    | SP2 being installed. What do I do to find out if it has SP2 from the
    | factory?
    | tnx
    | Hank WD5JFR

    Sorry. I don't have an idea

    "Henry Kolesnik" <kolesnik@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > I just got a new emachines PC with XP Home and I don't see any
    > mention of SP2 being installed. What do I do to find out if it has
    > SP2 from the factory?
    > tnx
    > Hank WD5JFR

    According to the headers of your message you have SP2.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    Thanks, it has it.
    You can also go to start and run "winver"

    In news:5atqd.34594$bP2.11442@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com,
    Henry Kolesnik <kolesnik@sbcglobal.net> typed:

    > Thanks, it has it.
    > You can also go to start and run "winver"

    You're welcome. Glad to help.

    Yes, there are several ways to find out. I tried to rrecommend
    the easiest way.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    >> In news:lUsqd.34589$bP2.29206@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com,
    >> Henry Kolesnik <kolesnik@sbcglobal.net> typed:
    >>
    >>>I just got a new emachines PC with XP Home and I don't see any
    >>> mention of SP2 being installed. What do I do to find out if
    >>> it has
    >>> SP2 from the factory?
    >>

    >> Right-click on My Computer and choose Properties. If SP2 is
    >> installed it will say so there.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Please reply to the newsgroup

    Go to control panel, & click system and the system Properties dialog comes
    up and it will tell you if sp2 is installed. Hope this helps, Bill.
    "Henry Kolesnik" <kolesnik@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >I just got a new emachines PC with XP Home and I don't see any mention of
    >SP2 being installed. What do I do to find out if it has SP2 from the
    >factory?
    > tnx
    > Hank WD5JFR

    Hi, Hank.

    My favorite way is to press Win+Break.

    That is, hold down the Windows logo key and press Pause/Break. The System
    Properties screen should pop up in your face - and there is should say
    "Service Pack 2", among other things. ;<)

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    "Henry Kolesnik" <kolesnik@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >I just got a new emachines PC with XP Home and I don't see any mention of
    >SP2 being installed. What do I do to find out if it has SP2 from the
    >factory?
    > tnx
    > Hank WD5JFR

    "Henry Kolesnik" <kolesnik@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

    >I just got a new emachines PC with XP Home and I don't see any mention of
    >SP2 being installed. What do I do to find out if it has SP2 from the
    >factory?
    >tnx
    >Hank WD5JFR

    If the initial Windows XP "splash screen" when the computer starts to
    boot just says Windows XP then you have SP2. If it says Windows XP
    Home then you do not have SP2.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --