New PC XP SP2 ??

I just got a new emachines PC with XP Home and I don't see any mention of
SP2 being installed. What do I do to find out if it has SP2 from the
factory?
tnx
Hank WD5JFR

In news:lUsqd.34589$bP2.29206@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com,
Henry Kolesnik <kolesnik@sbcglobal.net> typed:

>I just got a new emachines PC with XP Home and I don't see any
>mention
> of SP2 being installed. What do I do to find out if it has SP2
> from
> the factory?

Right-click on My Computer and choose Properties. If SP2 is
installed it will say so there.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Go to Start > Run and type: msinfo32.exe , and hit enter.
If SP2 is installed, it will show "5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600"
next to the Version listing.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Henry Kolesnik" <kolesnik@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> I just got a new emachines PC with XP Home and I don't see any
> mention of SP2 being installed. What do I do to find out if it has
> SP2 from the factory?
> tnx
> Hank WD5JFR

According to the headers of your message you have SP2.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Thanks, it has it.
You can also go to start and run "winver"

In news:5atqd.34594$bP2.11442@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com,
Henry Kolesnik <kolesnik@sbcglobal.net> typed:

> Thanks, it has it.
> You can also go to start and run "winver"

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Yes, there are several ways to find out. I tried to rrecommend
the easiest way.

Please reply to the newsgroup

>> In news:lUsqd.34589$bP2.29206@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com,
>> Henry Kolesnik <kolesnik@sbcglobal.net> typed:
>>
>>>I just got a new emachines PC with XP Home and I don't see any
>>> mention of SP2 being installed. What do I do to find out if
>>> it has
>>> SP2 from the factory?
>>

>> Right-click on My Computer and choose Properties. If SP2 is
>> installed it will say so there.
>>
>> --
>> Please reply to the newsgroup

Go to control panel, & click system and the system Properties dialog comes
up and it will tell you if sp2 is installed. Hope this helps, Bill.
"Henry Kolesnik" <kolesnik@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>I just got a new emachines PC with XP Home and I don't see any mention of
>SP2 being installed. What do I do to find out if it has SP2 from the
>factory?
> tnx
> Hank WD5JFR

Hi, Hank.

My favorite way is to press Win+Break.

That is, hold down the Windows logo key and press Pause/Break. The System
Properties screen should pop up in your face - and there is should say
"Service Pack 2", among other things. ;<)

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Henry Kolesnik" <kolesnik@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>I just got a new emachines PC with XP Home and I don't see any mention of
>SP2 being installed. What do I do to find out if it has SP2 from the
>factory?
> tnx
> Hank WD5JFR

"Henry Kolesnik" <kolesnik@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>I just got a new emachines PC with XP Home and I don't see any mention of
>SP2 being installed. What do I do to find out if it has SP2 from the
>factory?
>tnx
>Hank WD5JFR

If the initial Windows XP "splash screen" when the computer starts to
boot just says Windows XP then you have SP2. If it says Windows XP
Home then you do not have SP2.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--