Scan at 1 : 1

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
July 27, 2004 7:33:47 PM

How I must set the properties of my scanner for doing a scanner 1 at
1?
Thanks For Reply
Bye

More about : scan

Anonymous
July 27, 2004 7:33:48 PM

"Sharp" <sharp@park.it> wrote in message
news:p 7mcg0tg11vp38151ru251tkop1pgf1i5e@4ax.com...
> How I must set the properties of my scanner for doing a scanner 1 at
> 1?
> Thanks For Reply
> Bye

Set scaling to 100%.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

In article <p7mcg0tg11vp38151ru251tkop1pgf1i5e@4ax.com>, sharp@park.it
says...

>How I must set the properties of my scanner for doing a scanner 1 at
>1?

100% scale is correct for same original size when printing.

But often the question is about the video screen, and if so now, then
there really isnt any concept of exact original size on the video
screen. Video screens simply vary in size themselves.

Nevertheless, scanning at 75 or 100 dpi will usually create images that
are close enough to original size on many common screens. Not at all
exact size, but normally not too far wrong - probably acceptable.
However this image probably will appear somewhat different size on
different size screens.

--
Wayne
http://www.scantips.com "A few scanning tips"

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 15:33:47 +0200, Sharp <sharp@park.it> wrote:

>How I must set the properties of my scanner for doing a scanner 1 at
>1?
>Thanks For Reply
>Bye

For printing? Look a what the resolution (dpi) your printer prints
at, and set the scan settings to match. Just be aware of the margins
in the page settings for your printer. Depending on the specific
printer, if the image is too big, the driver might automatically
resize the image to fit (sometimes causing banding and other
artifacts) or it might cut off a part of the image. Neither is
particularly desireable.

MCheu
July 28, 2004 2:34:34 PM

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:22:56 -0400, MCheu <mpcheu@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 15:33:47 +0200, Sharp <sharp@park.it> wrote:
>
>>How I must set the properties of my scanner for doing a scanner 1 at
>>1?
>>Thanks For Reply
>>Bye
>
>For printing? Look a what the resolution (dpi) your printer prints
>at, and set the scan settings to match. Just be aware of the margins
>in the page settings for your printer. Depending on the specific
>printer, if the image is too big, the driver might automatically
>resize the image to fit (sometimes causing banding and other
>artifacts) or it might cut off a part of the image. Neither is
>particularly desireable.
>
>MCheu

Yes it is for printing. Thanks
!