PSU in Antec P180 to reach P5W DH mobo

mickeddie

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2004
I think I'll be returning my Antec Neo HE and suck up the restocking fee and want to know what PSU will reach the 4-prong square connector on the Asus P5W mobo without needing and extender.

Thanks!!

Eddie

thefishdude

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
lots of power supplies will just reach it depends on location of the 4 pin also but normally for them to reach and not need an extension you will have to run the cable straight across the baord. just get an extension it s easier and neater if thatss what you after

bumblebee13

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
True, my cables are kind of just running over the board - not smoothly around it, for example one of my cables goes straight over my stock heat-sink.

malcom

Distinguished
May 23, 2005
I have the Antec P180+Asus P5W DH Deluxe+ Antec truepower2 550 and no problems - no extension cord needed.

306maxi

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
I think I'll be returning my Antec Neo HE and suck up the restocking fee and want to know what PSU will reach the 4-prong square connector on the Asus P5W mobo without needing and extender.

Thanks!!

Eddie

First question would be why? It's a good PSU

thefishdude

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
dont know if this is his reason or not but i know there has been some problems with the neo he the early version of thi made before middle of year or something has problems on some boards were it wont power it up as the initial power press does not provide a enough power draw to trigger the psu to switch on. they have fixed that now though but may still be some older models floating about

G

I suggest Seasonic S12/M12, I'm 90% it will reach, extra long cable on this one, no first hand experience though.