Asus Announces $149 7-inch Tablet: MeMO Pad

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpeh

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]I'd pick Nexus7 over this, just add a little more money.[/citation]

Dunno man. 50 dollars less and a microUSB and MicroSD slot seems mighty attractive.

xpeh

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
[citation][nom]darkchazz[/nom]A poor man's tablet.[/citation]

Or for someone who's on a budget. Asus doesn't exactly produce low quality products, either.

Potato13

Honorable
May 30, 2012
[citation][nom]kryzzay[/nom]The performance would definitely be interesting.[/citation]

I've actually given this a second thought since the main reason my phone was an annoyance was 512 MB of RAM. The performance will be decent because there's 1 GB. It's nice that they put a Mali-400, the gaming performance will be great but for $50 more you get a quad core processing, Tegra enhanced games, more ram, and guaranteed updates for the next few years. This would be more successful at the $100 price point.

halcyon

Splendid
This tablet is too poorly spec'd for a device in
2013. It's way way way way outdated and it hasn't even been released yet. It's poorly spec'd now what's it gonna be like in a year...2 years. It is indeed a poor girl's tablet.

ven1ger

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
[citation][nom]xpeh[/nom]Dunno man. 50 dollars less and a microUSB and MicroSD slot seems mighty attractive.[/citation]

If for 50 dollars more they had a better processor at least something like what the Nexus 7 has, I'd be all over it for the added features. But for this processor, I'd have to see how it compares against the Nexus 7 in terms of performance.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
when I read the title I got my hopes up for a cheap little well designed e-ink or similar tablet to replace my notebooks. hopes were shattered by yet another android tablet. A notebook replacement would actually be a godsend for me.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]This tablet is too poorly spec'd for a device in 2013. It's way way way way outdated and it hasn't even been released yet. It's poorly spec'd now what's it gonna be like in a year...2 years. It is indeed a poor girl's tablet.[/citation]
Dude, it's $150, not $450. The specs are just fine for someone that just wants a tablet to use as an e-reader, check e-mail, surf the net, etc. Obviously this isn't for power users.

therealcold187

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011
[citation][nom]xpeh[/nom]Dunno man. 50 dollars less and a microUSB and MicroSD slot seems mighty attractive.[/citation]
I own a Nexus 7 and I charge it daily with a usb cord that plug into the microUSB port so what makes you think it doesn't hav one? I know it doesn't have a MicroSD slot but I paid the extra and got the 32GB model. We own computers to store large amount of Data so 16GB-32GB is plenty for a tablet. The MicroSD slot isn't a big enough pro to outweigh the cons. So here is the one pro vs the Nexux 7:
MicroSD slot
Now to the Cons:
1. CPU Cores One core vs quad core with a 5th battery-saver core 2. CPU speed 1GHz vs 1.2Gz 3. GPU cores Mali 400 Dual Core VS ULP Geforce 12 core 4. No Bluetooth vs Bluetooth V3.0 5. Display 1024x600 vs 1280x800 6. Android 4.1 vs Android 4.2 7. Probally could come up with 7 more cons but you get the point.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
[citation][nom]therealcold187[/nom]I own a Nexus 7 and I charge it daily with a usb cord that plug into the microUSB port so what makes you think it doesn't hav one? I know it doesn't have a MicroSD slot but I paid the extra and got the 32GB model. We own computers to store large amount of Data so 16GB-32GB is plenty for a tablet. The MicroSD slot isn't a big enough pro to outweigh the cons. So here is the one pro vs the Nexux 7:MicroSD slotNow to the Cons:1. CPU Cores One core vs quad core with a 5th battery-saver core 2. CPU speed 1GHz vs 1.2Gz 3. GPU cores Mali 400 Dual Core VS ULP Geforce 12 core 4. No Bluetooth vs Bluetooth V3.0 5. Display 1024x600 vs 1280x800 6. Android 4.1 vs Android 4.2 7. Probally could come up with 7 more cons but you get the point.[/citation]

i don't know, i have only 32 gigs on my galaxy nexus and it is slammed full, i would not consider buying another device without an sd card reader or expandable memory of some kind

Status
Not open for further replies.