HP ScanJet 5p convertion from ISA tyo PCI card...

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
a b α HP
August 4, 2004 1:02:13 AM

Help Please!

My friend upgraded his PC and a new mo/bo is only PCI.
However the HP ScanJet 5p has ISA crd connection.
Has anyone an idea what the cheapest way to connect the
Scanner to the new PCI mo/bo?
Is there any conversion card or something like that?
TIA

Jdr
Anonymous
a b α HP
August 6, 2004 2:41:19 AM

In article <2na9alFuusbiU1@uni-berlin.de>, jdr@world.net says...
> Help Please!
>
> My friend upgraded his PC and a new mo/bo is only PCI.
> However the HP ScanJet 5p has ISA crd connection.
> Has anyone an idea what the cheapest way to connect the
> Scanner to the new PCI mo/bo?
> Is there any conversion card or something like that?
> TIA
>
> Jdr

Adaptec 2906 SCSI card (PCI).
Pretty cheap on eBay, $20 or so.

Then again, you could get a LOT better scanner for $75.

Mac
Anonymous
a b α HP
August 11, 2004 4:35:39 AM

"Mac McDougald" <doogleREMOVE_THIS@netzero.net> wrote in message
> In article <2na9alFuusbiU1@uni-berlin.de>, jdr@world.net says...
> > Help Please!
> >
> > My friend upgraded his PC and a new mo/bo is only PCI.
> > However the HP ScanJet 5p has ISA crd connection.
> > Has anyone an idea what the cheapest way to connect the
> > Scanner to the new PCI mo/bo?
> > Is there any conversion card or something like that?
> > TIA
> >
> > Jdr
>
> Adaptec 2906 SCSI card (PCI).
> Pretty cheap on eBay, $20 or so.
>
> Then again, you could get a LOT better scanner for $75.
>
> Mac

Thanks Mac...
That was what I thought...
There was another possibility that having installed PCI card
doesn't mean that HP 5p will work with Windows XP.
So it was disposed...

Jdr
Anonymous
a b α HP
August 11, 2004 12:33:50 PM

I know it's not the same model, but I have an old ScanJet 4p connected
to an Adeptec 2940 SCSI PCI card in a WinXP Pro machine. It all works
nicely.

Paul

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 00:35:39 +0100, "JD Ross" <jdr@world.net> wrote:

>"Mac McDougald" <doogleREMOVE_THIS@netzero.net> wrote in message
>> In article <2na9alFuusbiU1@uni-berlin.de>, jdr@world.net says...
>> > Help Please!
>> >
>> > My friend upgraded his PC and a new mo/bo is only PCI.
>> > However the HP ScanJet 5p has ISA crd connection.
>> > Has anyone an idea what the cheapest way to connect the
>> > Scanner to the new PCI mo/bo?
>> > Is there any conversion card or something like that?
>> > TIA
>> >
>> > Jdr
>>
>> Adaptec 2906 SCSI card (PCI).
>> Pretty cheap on eBay, $20 or so.
>>
>> Then again, you could get a LOT better scanner for $75.
>>
>> Mac
>

>Thanks Mac...
>That was what I thought...
>There was another possibility that having installed PCI card
>doesn't mean that HP 5p will work with Windows XP.
>So it was disposed...
>
>Jdr

----
Paul Hurley