HP ScanJet 5p convertion from ISA tyo PCI card...

Help Please!

My friend upgraded his PC and a new mo/bo is only PCI.
However the HP ScanJet 5p has ISA crd connection.
Has anyone an idea what the cheapest way to connect the
Scanner to the new PCI mo/bo?
Is there any conversion card or something like that?
TIA

Jdr
3 answers Last reply
More about scanjet convertion card

    In article <2na9alFuusbiU1@uni-berlin.de>, jdr@world.net says...
    > Help Please!
    >
    > My friend upgraded his PC and a new mo/bo is only PCI.
    > However the HP ScanJet 5p has ISA crd connection.
    > Has anyone an idea what the cheapest way to connect the
    > Scanner to the new PCI mo/bo?
    > Is there any conversion card or something like that?
    > TIA
    >
    > Jdr

    Adaptec 2906 SCSI card (PCI).
    Pretty cheap on eBay, $20 or so.

    Then again, you could get a LOT better scanner for $75.

    Mac

    "Mac McDougald" <doogleREMOVE_THIS@netzero.net> wrote in message
    > In article <2na9alFuusbiU1@uni-berlin.de>, jdr@world.net says...
    > > Help Please!
    > >
    > > My friend upgraded his PC and a new mo/bo is only PCI.
    > > However the HP ScanJet 5p has ISA crd connection.
    > > Has anyone an idea what the cheapest way to connect the
    > > Scanner to the new PCI mo/bo?
    > > Is there any conversion card or something like that?
    > > TIA
    > >
    > > Jdr
    >
    > Adaptec 2906 SCSI card (PCI).
    > Pretty cheap on eBay, $20 or so.
    >
    > Then again, you could get a LOT better scanner for $75.
    >
    > Mac

    Thanks Mac...
    That was what I thought...
    There was another possibility that having installed PCI card
    doesn't mean that HP 5p will work with Windows XP.
    So it was disposed...

    Jdr
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

    I know it's not the same model, but I have an old ScanJet 4p connected
    to an Adeptec 2940 SCSI PCI card in a WinXP Pro machine. It all works
    nicely.

    Paul

    On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 00:35:39 +0100, "JD Ross" <jdr@world.net> wrote:

    >"Mac McDougald" <doogleREMOVE_THIS@netzero.net> wrote in message
    >> In article <2na9alFuusbiU1@uni-berlin.de>, jdr@world.net says...
    >> > Help Please!
    >> >
    >> > My friend upgraded his PC and a new mo/bo is only PCI.
    >> > However the HP ScanJet 5p has ISA crd connection.
    >> > Has anyone an idea what the cheapest way to connect the
    >> > Scanner to the new PCI mo/bo?
    >> > Is there any conversion card or something like that?
    >> > TIA
    >> >
    >> > Jdr
    >>
    >> Adaptec 2906 SCSI card (PCI).
    >> Pretty cheap on eBay, $20 or so.
    >>
    >> Then again, you could get a LOT better scanner for $75.
    >>
    >> Mac
    >

    >Thanks Mac...
    >That was what I thought...
    >There was another possibility that having installed PCI card
    >doesn't mean that HP 5p will work with Windows XP.
    >So it was disposed...
    >
    >Jdr

    ----
    Paul Hurley
    Caliban Computing
    http://www.Caliban.com/
    Spam resistant return email address.

Scanners Connection PCI Hewlett Packard Peripherals