Active Sync 3.7 and Restore

February 3, 2005 1:12:24 AM

Hi all, i realize this problem is raised earlier but i still can't solve the
problem :
I always and exclusively make a connection between my Ipaq 2210 and WinXp
via Active Sync 3.7 and Guest Partnership
I made a full backup as i always do after installing software .
Playing with my Ipaq , it did a spontaneous hard reset, and now i try to do
a Restore.
It shows Guest in the Partnership Selection Window (which means i only have
just 1 partnership)
When i try to restore it says :
The selected Backup File was created from a different type of mobile device
This happens on 4 different PC's
Strange ...
Anyone can help me out please ?
Thanks in advance
ramses

More about : active sync restore

Anonymous
February 3, 2005 1:59:00 AM

ramses wrote:

> Hi all, i realize this problem is raised earlier but i still can't solve the
> problem :
> I always and exclusively make a connection between my Ipaq 2210 and WinXp
> via Active Sync 3.7 and Guest Partnership
> I made a full backup as i always do after installing software .
> Playing with my Ipaq , it did a spontaneous hard reset, and now i try to do
> a Restore.
> It shows Guest in the Partnership Selection Window (which means i only have
> just 1 partnership)
> When i try to restore it says :
> The selected Backup File was created from a different type of mobile device
> This happens on 4 different PC's
> Strange ...
> Anyone can help me out please ?
> Thanks in advance
> ramses

RTFM
Set PDA to same language & timezone as at making the backup and then proceed
with restore.

--
Veel plezier / Have fun
Bert