RAM requirments for Dual Scan IV ?

The specs seem to call for 1MB of RAM on the PC... has anyone confirmed
that? I have 512 at the moment, and wonder if I have to rush out and buy
more to get this scanner to work.

Thanks Joe

(BTW, after a variety of imput this was the scanner I selected for home
use.... thanks for all the input... it really helped :)

In article <bJXPc.17037$QA5.14207@nwrddc01.gnilink.net>, eojtoo@yahoo.com
says...

>The specs seem to call for 1MB of RAM on the PC... has anyone confirmed
>that? I have 512 at the moment, and wonder if I have to rush out and buy
>more to get this scanner to work.

A 35 mm image at 3200 dpi is about 40MB, or 80MB if 16 bits.
Your 512 MB should be fine.

Having more memory would be for the photo editor, not the scanner. The
photo editor possibly might have multiple versions of the image open in
some cases, for layers, for history, etc. Plus memory for the editor
program itself, plus memory for Windows itself, etc. If you are a heavy
user, working with every complex situtation you can contrive, all day
every day, you probably want 1GB. Otherwise, 512 will do it, try it
first, should be fine.

--
Wayne
http://www.scantips.com "A few scanning tips"