dead graphics card

clown

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2005
hi..my xfx geforce 6800ultra 8agp died yesterday The screen is just so corrupted on bootup and on windows main screen that its nearly impossible to make anything out. My local pc shop said its died. But 10mins before it died i ended a process in windows task manager-processes called nvsvc32.exe by mistake

http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/nvsvc32.exe.html there are a couple of posts near the bottom that says...

Also monitors your graphics card on later models (eg 6800) for sufficient power supply to the card - for cards with additional power connectors. Recommend that you leave it alone if you have one of these cards..

removing file will trash your video card. Needed to work properly.

it could just be coincidence but if it is this program is there anyway to restart it in the processes window?or is it game over for this card

danny9894

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2006
According to google nvsvc32.exe is important for your video card to operate properly. I would leave it alone. The Program should load up on startup so just reboot.

... The screen is just so corrupted on bootup and on windows main screen that its nearly impossible to make anything out.

According to google nvsvc32.exe is important for your video card to operate properly. I would leave it alone. The Program should load up on startup so just reboot.

If the screen is corrupted at bootup then this has NOTHING to do with windows or any drivers. If you can get a BIOS screen to display through the card then there might be life left in it.

If the shop tells you its dead it probably is :cry:
(although I can understand wanting to check)

clown

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2005
Well i got nvsvc32.exe back by downloading a new driver then putting dead card back in, but no luck. It was corrupted all through bootup but when it actually got into windows it looked fine, but as soon as i tried to load a game it just corrupted and froze. I also tried using different molex connectors between the psu to the card. Guess its just dead now