Sign in with
Your question

Radeon X1900 XT wont fit.

Last response: in Systems
October 14, 2006 5:36:27 PM

Hi,

I have a ThermalTake Tsunami Dream case and I'm trying to insert the Radeon X1900 XT graphics card to the PCI-E slot on my motherboard (Asus P5W DH Deluxe). However, it does not seem to fit into the orange PCI-E slot?

I'm now really pulling hair as I do not understand why it wont fit.

Would anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for yuor help.

Rob

More about : radeon x1900 wont fit

October 14, 2006 6:25:50 PM

What is it hitting? How about a picture? Are you sure that it IS the PCIe slot?

Sorry for the idiotic questions, I just can't tell if it won't go in the slot, or if something is actually BLOCKING it.
a c 90 B Homebuilt system
a b U Graphics card
October 14, 2006 6:34:11 PM

Is it hitting the drive cage? or a HD installed in the drive cage? The PATA connector?
Related resources
October 14, 2006 11:42:46 PM

Have you experience on installing PCIe graphic cards?
If not and it is aligned with slot, then it may just seem as if it is not fitting an may require a bit more pressure...
a b U Graphics card
October 15, 2006 12:14:20 AM

There are some customer reviews for that case over at NewEgg.com that mention a possible conflict between the lower hard drive cage and the longer video cards...."2. Removeable hard drive bays are nice, but can cause the backs of your HD's to but into your expansion cards if they're long (like the newest video cards). "
Chances are he's figured out he can install the HD into the lowest bay and create more clearance for his video card.
October 15, 2006 12:33:51 AM

I have a Radeon 1900XT on a P5W DH MB and it fits very nicely in a P180. Is the rear board retainer, the hook-shaped thing on the back of the PCI-E slot, getting in the way? Make sure it is the correct side of the baord so it can latch in.
October 15, 2006 5:01:13 PM

Hi guys,

Thanks for your help, but I have managed get it installed eventually but it was a tight fit.

Everything is installed and everything boots up. However, when it does boot up it says "No ide Master HDD detected Press F1 to resumeā€ the hard drive is connected to the SATA 1 controller and the SATA DVD drive is connected to the SATA 2 controller on the motherbard. When I go to the BIOS it seems to recognise the hard drive (Western Digital Caviar SE16 320GB 3200KS SATA-II 16MB Cache) but not as Primary Master but as slave. I have installed XP Service Pack 1 but it still gives me the same message at boot up.

Would anyone know what I should do?

Thanks for your help!
a b U Graphics card
October 15, 2006 5:05:14 PM

Quote:
managed get it installed eventually but it was a tight fit.
How did you manage that?
And what was causing the problem?

Quote:
the SATA DVD drive
You actually have a SATA DVD?
October 15, 2006 5:15:46 PM

Quote:
You actually have a SATA DVD?

Must be a Plextor then...
October 15, 2006 5:17:23 PM

Samsung
October 15, 2006 5:18:41 PM

or a Samsung... :lol: 
October 15, 2006 5:23:03 PM

Do I need to install any drivers do you think?
October 15, 2006 5:25:44 PM

I dont think you need any drivers because you just dont have any ide devices. They are all sata, even your optical drive....even your optical drive. I'm no pro but wouldn't You probably have to disable something in your bios?
jhalf
October 16, 2006 6:17:51 PM

Would anyone know?
October 16, 2006 6:22:07 PM

It never hurts to go to your motherboard maker's site and update your drivers for the system. There maybe a new raid driver or something along those lines, that allows everything to get along better.
!