When will the first Nvidia 8800GT(X) demo benchmarks arrive?

SyPheR

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Hi guys, after my stupid post yesterday for which I'm a bit sorry (no more alcohol for me while posting) as this site is not ment for those subjects I would like to know if in the next two weeks we will see the first benchmarks of this beautifull G80 chipset. Anyone got any clue?

SyPheR

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Well, I think it will perform very well according to the specs but the only negative about this performance is that it will stress your powersuply with it's +/- 400 watt's in need to operate. Hope we will see some benchmarks soon.

SyPheR

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Well, no you are right in this matter. Offcourse it can be a bit different then the now known specs but when you want to play games like Crysis and Alan Awake and Gears of War and games like that to it's fullest in Dx10 I think this card will be not a sitting duck but more kind of like a beast dont you agree? ;) Just curious what kind of beast it will be. :)

SyPheR

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
when you want to play games like Crysis and Alan Awake and Gears of War

Gears of War? you sure your not drinking again?

What are you aiming at? :) What is wrong with Gears Of War? It will be a very good game. Maybe not your taste but still. The Unreal 3 engine is a powerfull engine that is capable of putting big cards to it's knees.

SyPheR

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
when you want to play games like Crysis and Alan Awake and Gears of War

Gears of War? you sure your not drinking again?

What are you aiming at? :) What is wrong with Gears Of War? It will be a very good game. Maybe not your taste but still. The Unreal 3 engine is a powerfull engine that is capable of putting big cards to it's knees.

Ok here is why I said that. You will need a Xbox 360 if you plan to play gears of war.

I think you have been drinking my friend..... this is what Epic games wrote :

Eurogamer: You did exactly that with Halo, though, and that's the point. You yanked it off PC and made it an Xbox exclusive.

J Allard: No, no. We published Halo on both PC and Mac.

Eurogamer: Yes, but that was about two years later!

J Allard: We didn't talk about sequencing. Gears Of War will be on both platforms, but it might be on one before the other. That's a little bit more of a game time decision.

:D

SyPheR

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
i just hope this 600 dollar video card runs oblivion at more than 40 fps in outside environments..unlike the 7950gx2.

Indeed a great example....man that game is awesome. :D Hope we will know it soon enough.

wallis

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
the 18th of this month is the date of first benchmarks...nvidia holding some sort of press conference and will be demoing the card i think

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
Release specs are pretty much confirmed as of a week or two ago. Shoot, even Wiki got it now:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_8_Series

You do realise wiki has that nice banner atop the page? Better--the source is from that dailytech website alone--so that means little.

By the way, I DO happen to be the same bourgeoisdude as the one on wiki, if anyone is interested...

SyPheR

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
oh ans sypher, i hope i didn't misunderstand you when you mention power needs. 400-450 will if im not mistaken be the minimum system power supply needs not just the gfx card. i am sure that is what you meant but it came across muddled.

Yes indeed this is what I ment. :) It will be a hungry beast...let's just hope it will not eat us all.

LordBelial

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2006
seems pretty much like the ones that have been doing the rounds. should be interesting, especially how DX10 compliant it is. has this thing for sure got the unified arch or is it still dedicated shaders.

oh and lord belial, about oblivion, what res are you playing at and why do you need above 40. hopefully this and the other one will offer good performance in all games.

oh ans sypher, i hope i didn't misunderstand you when you mention power needs. 400-450 will if im not mistaken be the minimum system power supply needs not just the gfx card. i am sure that is what you meant but it came across muddled.

There was a benchmark with the 7950gx2 IN QUAD, 2 gigs of ram, core 2 6600, and the settings were max except no hdr, 2x AA and 1024x768 resolution, and outside environments only got a MAX 40 fps .. thats horrendous concidering that its a 600 dollar video card they used...60fps is complete smooth at all times, 40 you can see shuttering, especially when enemyies came into the picture ....just what you said..
"this should offer GOOD performance in all games" ..listen, i dont know if your rich...but if i spend 600 bucks on a peice of hardware..i dont expect it to just run a game "good"..i expect it to run smooth with all the eye candy at all times..after all, thats the video cards purpose. Either manufacturers start lowering the prices of video card on arrival, or just make the performance straight out perfect...they have the technology, but they arnt stupid..they know people like us are willing to spend hundreds upon hundreds of dollars to get the new generation video card...so they have free range to make it as high as they want. so the day they start making prices fair, meaning, half of what they said the 8800 will cost, that day im sure will never come. :evil:

M_with_one_M

Distinguished
May 6, 2006
I don't understand how you can blame the graphics card makers for how oblivion runs.
Somebody could easily write a game that no graphics card could handle for five years. Will you then say that all cards are crap for the next five years?

M_with_one_M

Distinguished
May 6, 2006
all those sites using either AA or HDR is a joke. honestly how nvidia can have any respect after tech sites having to handicap ATI's cards for so long i don't know.

Tech sites pretty much did the same thing when nvidia had sm3 and ati didn't.

pauldh

Illustrious
Sure, they tell ya it's from the dailytech article. But anand, Wiki, and others are quoting the specs like they are fact. So I'd be surprised if they are off by much.

SyPheR

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I wouldn't say the G80 is beautiful, it looks more like frankenstein according to the specs. ;)

lol, well, if you think frankenstein is your baby...then hell let it be your baby. :p No offence but I think this G80 will be beautifull according to the specs and yes....they are just predictions but a site like this site and the other important sites like anandtech....do yuo really think they are giving the wrong specs? Noway....these sites do their homework before talking. The proof will come with the benchmark so let's wait and see what will show up. ;) I think that's more wise instead of making fantasy stories.

SyPheR

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
actually i think you'll find sites like toms or anandtech will post rumours like anyone else. they're articles hopefully are based on fact and evidence but the stories they report on are not researched merely reported. unless it is a review, nver take what is said as fact. AFAIK that specs were supposedly leaked by someone IIRC. so no, i wouldn't say they are set in stone. most likely close but not in any way proven.

well, if you say this you must have some background proof revering to earlier mistakes made by tomshardware and anandtech. I never was able to catch them in the act making stories up like their will be no tomorrow.

SyPheR

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I´m listening dont worry...but are you listening to me....you say tomshardware dont lie...but when you say these sites like tomshardware and anandtech take info from other sites you are wrong....toms and anantech are sites which are visited by too many people....they can´t afford to talk noncence. They have connections which other sites dont have. Many sites have to guess....and some sites know it for sure when they post....this is how they become famous sites. Believe me....The G80 will be a beast :)

SyPheR

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
i think your crazy tbh. unless toms does something and reports it they do not have to gaurentee the authenticity of the info, merely pass it on to us to decide if we want to trust it or not.

i'm now going to leave you to carry on your ramblings to yourself.

np, I was just telling these two sites are never far off....offcourse there can be very tiny differences but not that big. I never caught toms/anandtech in the act of making big mistakes. Anyways who cares.....it will be ultrafast. that's for sure.

Kwijibo

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
I meant according to the specs, it looks like frankenstein because they are not what we are used to (logically, you would expect a 512-bit memory interface and 1 Gb of memory instead of a 384-bit memory interface and 768mb of memory). It looks like they added added a 256 and 128-bit interfaces together, it looks like a half generation leap forward. None the less, it will pwn extra hard. ; )

p.s. Who says Frankenstein isnt beautiful?

IcY18

Distinguished
May 1, 2006
Sure, they tell ya it's from the dailytech article. But anand, Wiki, and others are quoting the specs like they are fact. So I'd be surprised if they are off by much.

as far as i know they confirmed the specs

sirheck

Splendid
Feb 24, 2006
yes i have talked to c###@E about this. and asked him the same ?
and he stated that if he told me he would have to kill me.

well he told me and is on his way to kill me :lol: