Pls help new build - wont post!

nstavr

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2006
Did you remember to plug in the 4-pin CPU power connector? i forgot when i did my first build.

Well, I do have it plugged into the header marked ATX on the board. The connectors on the PSU are one 20 pin power and a separate 4 pin. The board has a 4 pin like you mention and 24 pin ATX. I have both plugged into the ATX header (20 + 4). Is this correct?? Do I have something screwed up here?? Haven't built anything since the Athlon 1400 the latest and greatest so not too sure! :) Thanks for you reply!!

haywood

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2006
You should have a 20+4 connector and another 12v connector. I believe on that mobo, the 12v goes above the cpu.

Yes, your PSU has that connector. Please read the manual for both the PSU and the mobo.

nstavr

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2006
You should have a 20+4 connector and another 12v connector. I believe on that mobo, the 12v goes above the cpu.

Yes, your PSU has that connector. Please read the manual for both the PSU and the mobo.

Got it!!! All the reading in the world isn't gonna help if I don't open my EYES! :? Turns out that it was right in front of me! :oops: I'm posting this reply from my new rig! :D