scanning film on epson 4870

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
August 8, 2004 2:07:52 AM

Hello,
When I scan 36 images of negatives how can I automaticcaly select the areas
of the pictures? With other words can I scan 36 images in a batchjob or
something?
Thanks
Anonymous
August 8, 2004 6:32:11 PM

"pulse" <pulseknip@home.nl> wrote in message
> Hello,
> When I scan 36 images of negatives how can I automaticcaly select the
areas
> of the pictures? With other words can I scan 36 images in a batchjob or
> something?
> Thanks

Read the Manual!

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

I have had a 4870 for just on a month. There IS NO MANUAL. It is a superb
scanner, but the online instructions that come with it are atrocious. I have
had
to figure out how the SWare works and how to get optimum results by trial
and error. I haven't tried scanning 35mm yet, only medium format. I think
there is a feature where you do preview scans, and then do a crop marquee
for each frame you need. From memory you access it via the easy scan SWare
"Scan and Save" setting.
Good luck!
Frank S

> Read the Manual!
> CSM1
> http://www.carlmcmillan.com
August 11, 2004 10:48:10 PM

The manual should be in PDF format on the CD.

And there is a online manual.
http://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/pr48ph/pr48phrf...

All documents can be downloaded here.
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.js...

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com
"Frank" <fsphotography@hotmail.com.> wrote in message
> I have had a 4870 for just on a month. There IS NO MANUAL. It is a superb
> scanner, but the online instructions that come with it are atrocious. I
have
> had
> to figure out how the SWare works and how to get optimum results by trial
> and error. I haven't tried scanning 35mm yet, only medium format. I think
> there is a feature where you do preview scans, and then do a crop marquee
> for each frame you need. From memory you access it via the easy scan SWare
> "Scan and Save" setting.
> Good luck!
> Frank S
>

> > Read the Manual!
> > CSM1
> > http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Anonymous
August 17, 2004 5:06:41 PM

Well first of all, dont use the epson Smart panel, not worth time or
effort, use epson scan on teh programs list, as its scanning click
pause and drop it in to the pro mose, get it all set up for you
images, if scanning negs slides, next to the prevew option select drop
down menue and select normal, if in doubt just ring the support, there
are people like me to help!
Anonymous
August 17, 2004 6:02:31 PM

Well first of all, dont use the epson Smart panel, not worth time or
effort, use epson scan on teh programs list, as its scanning click
pause and drop it in to the pro mose, get it all set up for you
images, if scanning negs slides, next to the prevew option select drop
down menue and select normal, if in doubt just ring the support, there
are people like me to help!
Anonymous
November 16, 2004 4:39:47 AM

"pulse" <pulseknip@home.nl> writes:

> When I scan 36 images of negatives how can I automaticcaly select
> the areas of the pictures? With other words can I scan 36 images in
> a batchjob or something?

The EpsonScan software that comes with it has a "thumbnails" view
mode (click the pull-down menu next to the "preview" button to select
it). This will automatically detect your negatives and present
separate previews that can be adjusted independantly and then scanned
into separate files.

-- David
!