scanning film on epson 4870

Hello,
When I scan 36 images of negatives how can I automaticcaly select the areas
of the pictures? With other words can I scan 36 images in a batchjob or
something?
Thanks
6 answers Last reply
More about scanning film epson 4870

    "pulse" <pulseknip@home.nl> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > When I scan 36 images of negatives how can I automaticcaly select the
    areas
    > of the pictures? With other words can I scan 36 images in a batchjob or
    > something?
    > Thanks

    Read the Manual!

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    I have had a 4870 for just on a month. There IS NO MANUAL. It is a superb
    scanner, but the online instructions that come with it are atrocious. I have
    had
    to figure out how the SWare works and how to get optimum results by trial
    and error. I haven't tried scanning 35mm yet, only medium format. I think
    there is a feature where you do preview scans, and then do a crop marquee
    for each frame you need. From memory you access it via the easy scan SWare
    "Scan and Save" setting.
    Good luck!
    Frank S

    > Read the Manual!
    > CSM1
    > http://www.carlmcmillan.com
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

    The manual should be in PDF format on the CD.

    And there is a online manual.
    http://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/pr48ph/pr48phrf/index.htm

    All documents can be downloaded here.
    http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&infoType=Doc&oid=28461&prodoid=40524123

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com
    "Frank" <fsphotography@hotmail.com.> wrote in message
    > I have had a 4870 for just on a month. There IS NO MANUAL. It is a superb
    > scanner, but the online instructions that come with it are atrocious. I
    have
    > had
    > to figure out how the SWare works and how to get optimum results by trial
    > and error. I haven't tried scanning 35mm yet, only medium format. I think
    > there is a feature where you do preview scans, and then do a crop marquee
    > for each frame you need. From memory you access it via the easy scan SWare
    > "Scan and Save" setting.
    > Good luck!
    > Frank S
    >

    > > Read the Manual!
    > > CSM1
    > > http://www.carlmcmillan.com

  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

    Well first of all, dont use the epson Smart panel, not worth time or
    effort, use epson scan on teh programs list, as its scanning click
    pause and drop it in to the pro mose, get it all set up for you
    images, if scanning negs slides, next to the prevew option select drop
    down menue and select normal, if in doubt just ring the support, there
    are people like me to help!
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

    Well first of all, dont use the epson Smart panel, not worth time or
    effort, use epson scan on teh programs list, as its scanning click
    pause and drop it in to the pro mose, get it all set up for you
    images, if scanning negs slides, next to the prevew option select drop
    down menue and select normal, if in doubt just ring the support, there
    are people like me to help!
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

    "pulse" <pulseknip@home.nl> writes:

    > When I scan 36 images of negatives how can I automaticcaly select
    > the areas of the pictures? With other words can I scan 36 images in
    > a batchjob or something?

    The EpsonScan software that comes with it has a "thumbnails" view
    mode (click the pull-down menu next to the "preview" button to select
    it). This will automatically detect your negatives and present
    separate previews that can be adjusted independantly and then scanned
    into separate files.

    -- David

Scanners Epson Peripherals