This is Not. Fair.

My poor laptop, even with a cooling pad, has some overheating
issues. I noticed today that on the flash games with timer (Warf
Rescue Team in particular, I play that as I can regularly get 1K
NP), my computer slows down when my CPU temp gets above 60 (as it
will so often with Flash)...the game pace is slowed severely, but
the game timer is not. That just seems a bit odd; I'd think that
with something like this happening, everything would slow down.

--
Neopets! It's FREE! Create and care for a virtual pet, explore,
play games and more!

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

Dreamstalker [me9@privacy.net] said
> My poor laptop, even with a cooling pad, has some overheating
> issues. I noticed today that on the flash games with timer (Warf
> Rescue Team in particular, I play that as I can regularly get 1K
> NP), my computer slows down when my CPU temp gets above 60 (as it
> will so often with Flash)...the game pace is slowed severely, but
> the game timer is not. That just seems a bit odd; I'd think that
> with something like this happening, everything would slow down.

Yes I have noticed that with petpetsitter. I have been trying to get the
avi and am playing it quite a bit, sometimes while I am waiting for
other things to happen on my computer so there is quite a load.

I would imagine the idea is to stop cheaters doing it deliberately.

Les wrote:
> Dreamstalker [me9@privacy.net] said
>
>>My poor laptop, even with a cooling pad, has some overheating
>>issues. I noticed today that on the flash games with timer (Warf
>>Rescue Team in particular, I play that as I can regularly get 1K
>>NP), my computer slows down when my CPU temp gets above 60 (as it
>>will so often with Flash)...the game pace is slowed severely, but
>>the game timer is not. That just seems a bit odd; I'd think that
>>with something like this happening, everything would slow down.
>
> Yes I have noticed that with petpetsitter. I have been trying to get the
> avi and am playing it quite a bit, sometimes while I am waiting for
> other things to happen on my computer so there is quite a load.
>
> I would imagine the idea is to stop cheaters doing it deliberately.

There's no easy way to do that; the only
intentional-resource-killer I know of will only work with
software designed for older Windows versions. Underclocking in
order to cheat on Neo seems like overkill; even if that did have
any effect, it's quite risky.