Looking for a new HDTV tuner card for my new 30"

Looking at buying a 30" dell 3007fpw monitor. I have a problem though, I need to hook my xbox360 up to it using the Red Green Blue component cables. Have a 21" monitor right now that has these plug ins on the actual monitor so it was never a problem. Can someone recommend a good HD card that this will be possible with? I'm also using Win XP MCE so something that would be compatible with that os is a must!

Thanks!
17 answers Last reply
More about looking hdtv tuner card quot
  1. Isnt there some sort of converter from RCA jacks to something the TV/Monitor has? ATI makes a bunch of Tv cards like your looking for try thier website www.ati.com i believe all tuner cards have rca capability.
  2. somebody also makes a vga cable for the 360
  3. doesnt the console have a VGA and DVI connection on it? thought it was suppose to.
  4. See heres the problem. My video card which has 2 dvi ports on it both will be taken up by the new monitor, it requires both dvi ports. There is a VGA cable for the 360 but I have no where to plug it in and the monitor only has the 2 dvi ports for video which does suck. So i'm tring to find some kind tv tuner option to hook up the 360.
  5. Why does it requier both DVI ports being used? Unless you want to do dual monitor of course.
  6. I think that running 30" LCD's at 2560x1600 high resolution requires the use of a dual link DVI card...
    But Dell's 2405FPW works at 1900x1200 using a single DVI link...
  7. As in dual connections? or a actualy dual link DVI connector?
  8. I have a ATI x1900XT that has dual link dvi (guess it means it can use both dvi ports on the video card to enable a very high resolution like 2560x1600).
  9. I believe it uses a single cable...
    http://www.datapro.net/products/1142.html
  10. Dual link DVI is a single cable not dual connections. All it takes is a special dual link cable. I believe the video card comes with a single link cable. Perhaps the monitor comes with a dual link cable. thats a awsome resalutions wish video cards were powerfull enough for that :( (for gaming that is)
  11. Quote:
    Dual link DVI is a single cable not dual connections. All it takes is a special dual link cable. I believe the video card comes with a single link cable. Perhaps the monitor comes with a dual link cable. thats a awsome resalutions wish video cards were powerfull enough for that :( (for gaming that is)

You are right enforcer. Dual Link DVI is a single cable :)
    That monitor that requires that your card is Dual Link capable so u can use it at its native resolution (2560x1200 if im not wrong)
  12. i think its 1600 not 1200 but hell it depends on the monitor so dont listen to me. I believe pretty much any card you get can handle dual link cables just check and make sure your monitor comes with one because i havent had a video card come with one yet. I wager they arent to cheap either. I would love to have a res even higher then the one you quoted as long as i dont have to play games in that res that is. i would defanitly need some serious hardware for that kind of res D:. But i love windows desktop realistate.
  13. You were right :oops:
    2560 x 1600 that is. I'm waiting the same screen, i just placed the order 2 days ago 8). Monitor does come with the cable, but my AGP card will only provide a 1600x1200 resolution :evil: (yes i need to upgrade hehe, next year :twisted:)
    A friend already has it and he uses the screen at 2560x1600, its ****** huge!

I'll post some pics when i got mine :roll:
  14. WOW only 1600x1200? you have a riva tnt? lol i only ask because i think my radeon 64 vivo even did res of like 1920x1440 lol
  15. LOL! :lol: :lol:

That's what it says at the cards website... it's a Xpertvision X850XT...
    mmm wait a sec, just when you said about your graphic card resolution i remember last time i plugged my parents LCD to my graphic card i was able to choose 1920x1024 so maybe i could improve a bit the resolution hehe.

Anyway the vivo cards are supposed to provide better resolutions? Im lost but i know i should change the computer so it will be a couple of months :twisted:

Strange thing is that ATI says:
    "The Radeon® X850 series also features ATI's incredible display architecture, now with dual-DVI support. With output to HDTV capability"

I guess xpertvision isn't a good enssembler :evil:
  16. You could just use the component cables built into the monitor.... and the remote for the monitor....
Ask a new question

Read More

Tuner Cards Monitors Graphics