Noise from LCDs

I have an ultra low noise PC. Most ultra low noise PCs makes thunderstorms compared to mine. I use my PC for making music. I find CRTs a bit too noisy. This is no joking! They sometimes have the high pitched sound TVs have, and often they will also make a zizling sound. The sound can sometimes be influenced by the resolution. Try taking your ear close to a digital watch with the lights on - that may make a sound too.

My question is: Does anyone know, if LCDs have any (tiny) sounds, that a freak like me might dislike. A shop always have to much back ground noise for me to judge it.

Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about noise lcds
  1. I know exactly what u mean, and always catch my brothers when they watch tv even though they're not supposed to w/ that noise. hehe. I can speak for the TFT7020, and that made no noise. There definetly is some noise w/ my CRT, but there was none w/ my LCD. One thing- upon turning it on, it made a very, very light pop sound, but that was it. And this rarely happened. LCD are silent.

Sig of the week.
  2. i have the 170t samsung and it does not make a sound, but my computer does:(

what kind of system do you have, because im off a need off a new computer that makes 0 sound. its going to be located in the hallway, thats the reason why it have to be quit.
  3. that 170T is an All around Champion! How's the monitor doing profjo00

This Community is like a Second Family!!
  4. The ultra-extreme lownoise one is a 533@400 p3 (yes downclocked - still does a lot af things fine). I have removed the CPU fan. And I have changed the PSU-fan to a Papst 12dB model (makes more noise when fixed - fre air measurement makes the low 12dB). Then I have cut down the Voltage on the Papst to 5V (from 12). My grafics card is Matrox g450, wich has got no fan. So A full PC with ONE "downclocked" ultra-low-noise fan is what I have :)

Most of the parts are however not used at the moment, as I am very close to having componentes for 2 PC. The other one - Celatin 1000@1333 just got a new cabinet (nearly finnished) - well, it is more like a small table made of beech wood (don't know if that is spelled correctly - it is very hard). The wood is almost an inch thick. I have two 12CM Papst 230Volt ~- fans for it. I will run them in serial connection - slowing them down a lot - making them quite silent. I will make a tube, that goes directly to the CPU, so all air will have to pass it - that should be enough to remove the fan - I hope :)
  5. nice, i guess i am ok with some noice, you take it to the next level... hehe downclocked a cpu, for my next system, i hope its real quit, so i can sleep in the same room as the computer, right now, the computer makes some sounds which makes it hard for me, i cant even sleep with a girl in the bed, hehe but i hope i can in the future when i get a wify. response to Rob's the monitor is great, nothing is unexpected, hope this one last long... and for sure, i will never go back to crt if i trully dont have to
Ask a new question

Read More

Flat Panel Monitors Peripherals