Sign in with
Your question

Enable gpedit.msc to windows 8

Last response: in Windows 8
December 8, 2012 5:45:14 AM

I have the "home edition" apparently of windows 8 on my brand new laptop and therefore it would seem, gpedit.misc is NOT on my laptop despite searching all permutations. I simply want to disable the forced lock out when I open the laptop ( at present I have to put a password) and access to this file is necessary to disable this function - one forum implied I need to get hold of gpedit.misc
I dont want to mess with registry - any ideas out there
December 8, 2012 6:40:15 AM

I'm not 100% on this, but my understanding is that Windows editions either come with the group policy editor or they don't.

If you're just trying to stop your laptop from locking when you close it, all you need to do is change the Power Options settings for what happens when you close your laptop lid (I hate when mine locks, so I set it do "Do nothing).

Control Panel -> Power Options -> and then either "Require a Password on Wakeup" or "Change Plan Settings".

If you go with "Change Plan Settings", on the next screen click "Change Advanced Power Settings" and there are a number of options that should address what you're looking for.
m
l
a b * Windows 8
December 9, 2012 3:55:46 PM

gpedit is included In windows 8 pro
m
l
!