rook

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2003
I’m in the process of building a new PC. I have most of the components picked out except for the power supply. As of now it's between the SeaSonic M12
and the Xclio X14. From what I've found the SeaSonic is a better PSU but is it worth the $45 dollars over the Xclio? Or any other suggestions for a 500w PSU with modular cables.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
I just got this PSU a couple months ago, and am impressed with quality so far...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817153039

How did the size on the PSU seem? Normal, small, long? I looked up the dimensions for it, but they seemed a bit short for a 700watt modular PSU.
Im looking to rplace my Ultra as it was longer than standard and doenot fit well in my enclosure

RichPLS

Champion
I installed it in a Lian Li PC-60plus case, one with a top 80mm blowhole.
The PSU had no problem installing and not interfering with the top 80mm fan, altho neither did the previous Antec 550watt PSU...
yet I have heard some people claim that longer PSU's interfered with the fan...

It fit fine, and runs very quiet using a single 14cm fan...
Very good quality components, imo.

BlackHeart

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2004
I know the Seasonic PSU is a great one. Have you looked at the Hiper line of modular PSU's?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?DEPA=0&type=&Description=hiper&Submit=ENE&N=0&Ntk=all

I may get a power supply for a case I have on order and have looked at the hiper power supplies. I love the looks of the hiper power supply but I am leary about all the vented holes on all sides of the power supply. I seems to me that the inside case temperature would rise due to some of the heat being vented through the sides of the power supply case. Can anybody verify that the hiper does not vent all the heat out the back of the computer case?

DiverDave

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2006
A further question on the Hiper PSU.

I was looking at a PSU with Active PFC but no modular cabling.

Which is preferable (price in nearly equivalent)