Roger

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Can someone offer advice? Just setup a new computer so was able to put a
fresh installation of windows xp on. All was working well until i installed
SP2 when the computer would flash a BSOD (too quick to see) and then reset
itself just after the welcome screen comes on.
I tried reinstalling afresh again, but started reseting itself at the same
point after SP2. I can boot into safe mode but can't find anything wrong in
device manager. and i've tried loading up with all the onboard components in
the bios disabled (like the sound, lan, raid and even usb) but it still gets
stuck

now I'm stuck, any ideas??

Hi,

With SP2, there is an option on the boot menu to disable the autorestart on
system failure behavior. Hit F8 after the initial POST to access this menu
and use this option. It will either a) get you into Windows where you can
examine the event log or b) stick on stop error (BSOD) with a message and
code that may lead to the source of the problem.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone