Not booting up after SP2

Can someone offer advice? Just setup a new computer so was able to put a
fresh installation of windows xp on. All was working well until i installed
SP2 when the computer would flash a BSOD (too quick to see) and then reset
itself just after the welcome screen comes on.
I tried reinstalling afresh again, but started reseting itself at the same
point after SP2. I can boot into safe mode but can't find anything wrong in
device manager. and i've tried loading up with all the onboard components in
the bios disabled (like the sound, lan, raid and even usb) but it still gets
stuck

now I'm stuck, any ideas??
1 answer Last reply
More about booting

    Hi,

    With SP2, there is an option on the boot menu to disable the autorestart on
    system failure behavior. Hit F8 after the initial POST to access this menu
    and use this option. It will either a) get you into Windows where you can
    examine the event log or b) stick on stop error (BSOD) with a message and
    code that may lead to the source of the problem.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Roger" <Roger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can someone offer advice? Just setup a new computer so was able to put a
    > fresh installation of windows xp on. All was working well until i
    > installed
    > SP2 when the computer would flash a BSOD (too quick to see) and then reset
    > itself just after the welcome screen comes on.
    > I tried reinstalling afresh again, but started reseting itself at the same
    > point after SP2. I can boot into safe mode but can't find anything wrong
    > in
    > device manager. and i've tried loading up with all the onboard components
    > in
    > the bios disabled (like the sound, lan, raid and even usb) but it still
    > gets
    > stuck
    >
    > now I'm stuck, any ideas??

Windows XP