Dell Estimated to Cost Up To $25 Billion

Status
Not open for further replies.

calmstateofmind

Distinguished
[citation][nom]mbreslin1954[/nom]"Dell founder Michael Dell will not be cashing in its share holdings . . ."Dude, Michael Dell is not an "it", he's a "his".[/citation]

He means to say that Mr Dell is making the decision on what to do with the shares that Dell, the company, owns.

QEFX

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
Wait

Wait

Wait

Wait

Dell still exists? You learn something new everyday. I thought they went the way of the Packard Bell.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]mbreslin1954[/nom]I like Dell laptops, when they're on sale. Our family has a couple, along with a couple of Acers.[/citation]

Just avoid their printers...

Actually, avoid pretty much every single printer except for the ones consistently given 5-stars by Consumer Report and other legit 3rd parties.

(Still haven't forgiven any company for deciding to not add driver support for Windows 8 to their 2012 model printers)

samwelaye

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom](Still haven't forgiven any company for deciding to not add driver support for Windows 8 to their 2012 model printers)[/citation]

When I was shopping around for a printer, every salesman was telling me dont buy brother buy HP. Bought a brother instead because it had the requirements I needed and cheaper ink cause I often buy it on eBay. Day after win8 was released, they had drivers for it up on the site. Even winRT

dragonlord12832

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
I've had the opportunity to go through Dell's 10-k reports recently. From the look of things they are a VERY well ran company; it is surprising that they feel the need to 'restructure.'

dragonlord12832

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
[citation][nom]QEFX[/nom]WaitWait WaitWaitDell still exists? You learn something new everyday. I thought they went the way of the Packard Bell.[/citation]

Actually, Packard Bell is also still around. They are owned by Acer and are sold in Europe.

"If the buyout happens, Dell could be seeing the most dramatic change in business and product strategy since its founding in 1984."

Good maybe now their stuff won't be crap and their customer service won't be like talking to a bunch of monkeys.

Status
Not open for further replies.