Computer restarts by itself

mattp1

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2011
Hello,

My computer restarts by it self while I'm on the Internet, i can take a minute to half an hour for it to restart. I did scan it for viruses, the temperatures are ok, there is no bsod, i did resinstall windows 7 pro 64bits thinking that it would correct the problem but it didn't. I did try other web browser but the problem remains! What can I do?

Windows 7 Pro 64 bis
Motherboard Asus A8R-MVP
CPU AMD Athlon x2 64 3800+
RAM DDR 512MBx4

Thank you
Matt

In which case, tap Function 8 several times at startup and choose "Disable automatic restart on system failure" so the blue screen stays still long enough to be read. Post back the 0x0000?? and any_WORDS_JOINED_UP buy underscores.

jaydeee

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
there are couple of reason why computer reboots automatically. As I've read that its a feature of windows to shut itself down to avoid bigger problem.
1. corrupted/outdated system files. Windows update, assuming you've PC.
2. incompatible device's drivers. Manufacturer's support page is the best however there are driver tool that do this thing fast and effectively like this one: http://xpdrivers.com/index.cfm
3. faulty hardware. RAM, video card, HDD. There are tools for that. memtest for RAM, manufacturer's tool for video card and chkdsk /f for HDD.

hope it helps.

mattp1

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2011
I use Microsoft Security Essentials and i'm pretty sure that its not a virus because it restarted the first time i went on the internet after i reinstalled windows, i tested the RAM and there is no errors, i don't know how to test the video card (i cant find the manufacturer of the video card)

surjithv

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014

how can solv this problem?

Cynthia Avey

Reputable
Jul 21, 2014
hello my screen gose black then have to restart computer, it happens when I play a TV show or play a game on my computer help ty I have a brand new Monitor, My computer is
Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1
ACER Aspire X1420G
AMD II X4 645 Processor 3.10 GHz
4.00 GB RAM
64-Bit OS
Nvidia GeForce GT 610 Graphics Card