EPP SLI Memory Opinions

fate0n3

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2006
I am gettin ready to order a new computer in the next day or so. But I have been reading a lot about the new EPP features in Corsairs memory and have been unable to find any good reviews or comparisions with them. Is it worth spending the extra few dollars to go ahead and get memory with this feature or is it just a waste. I am a pretty hardcore gamer and OCer but i do it the old fashion way not letting the MB do it for me. Which from what I have read is mostly what this EPP is used for. Does anyone know if there is any true proformance adavantages of getting memory with EPP? Also I have read about the feature being used with Nvidia 5 chipset is it worth gettin the memory with the EPP feature now for that Chipset. Right now they have the none EPP memory with a $50 rebate that is why i am wondering if the EPP memory is truely worth the extra money. THANK YOU any help or opinions are completely welcome.

Computer:
Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe
Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe
Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4 2GB (?)
2x eVGA 7900GTO 512mb
PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750

Mondoman

Splendid
...Is it worth spending the extra few dollars to go ahead and get memory with this feature or is it just a waste. I am a pretty hardcore gamer and OCer but i do it the old fashion way not letting the MB do it for me. ...
For you, no, it's not worth it. All EPP is is extra data in the SPD, which allows EPP-enabled MBs to automatically adjust RAM voltage, and provides more choices of pre-programmed settings. If you make your own settings adjustments, it won't benefit you. I don't think your MB supports EPP, anyway.