opening attachments in email

February 4, 2005 1:31:36 PM

Hi I am borrowing a pocket pc to try and decide if i should maket the switch
from palm to pocket pc.

in email i can not seem to find a way of opening attachments, word, pictures
etc.

Thanks Tim
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 1:31:37 PM

Tim,

By default, Pocket Inbox does not store file attachments. You will need to
enable it by going into ActiveSync, go to Tools>Options. Highlight Inbox
then click the Settings button. At the bottom, check the box to enable
attached files to be saved to your device. OK your way out. I would advise
having the attachments stored on your Storage Card. To do this, go to Inbox
on your P/PC, tap Tools>Options and go to the Storage tab. Check the Store
on Storage Card box and OK your way out. Note that this will store
attachments by default in your iPaq Store if you have an iPaq.

Note also that there are limitations to Pocket Word/Excel compared to the
desktop versions. There are, however, third party applications to get
around these short comings. Finally, for a good comparison of P/PC devices,
I suggest the Pocket PC Magazine Buyers Guide. You can find it at
http://www.pocketpcmag.com/bg04/ppcs.asp. This will help you decide not
only if P/PC is right for you but which one.

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor / Owner