Windows 7 installation woes

HavokImpulse

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2011
So to start off, let me say I am a more than proficient user, and this has me baffled. I caught a nasty virus, mostly because I don't ever use protection, and it wiped out my boot files. I decided the best thing to do was just re-image the computer to factory settings (mostly because I like doing this every 6 months anyways) and that's what I attempted to do. I was able to get through the entire installation process, up to the point where it restarted my computer to finish. When it boots up it takes me to the (Windows is preparing for first use) screen, and then it progresses to (setup is checking video performance). Then it moves to load up windows like it skipped the rest. It brings me to the logon screen where it requests a username and password. I don't have an account yet. So I at first thought, tried to use the Administrator account, Guest account, and my old account. None of these three worked, with the Guest and Administrator accounts both saying (Your account has been disabled. Please see your system administrator)

Any help would be appreciated.

Dell Inspiron 560 (Educated Guess)

i5 @ 3.2mhz

8gigs ram DDR3

GTX 470

Windows 7 Home Premium

devrathiya

Distinguished
May 12, 2011
This is a sure shot fix, please try it :)

1.Boot through Windows Vista/7 Disk.

2.Go to System recovery options and select command prompt.

3.Type C: and enter

4. Type C:cd windows

5. Type C:\windows:cd system32

6. Type C:\windows\system32:ren magnify.exe magnify1.exe

7. Type C:\windows\system32:ren cmd.exe magnify.exe

8. Type C:\windows\system32:exit

9.Restart the system.

10.Click the option highlighted

11.Then choose make items on the screen larger and click ok & you will have command prompt.

12. Enable the administrator account by typing this in cmd “net user administrator /active:yes”

13. Restart the computer you have Administrator Account Ready without any password.

14.Logged in as administrator.

15.Go to user accounts.

16.Delete RA MEDIA SERVER ACCOUNT.

17.Restart Your Computer.

18.Issue should be Resolved.

Let me know if it was of any help..

HavokImpulse

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2011
I already tried this. As I said I am more than proficient and I seriously couldn't figure ANYTHING out. Oh well, I just wiped my entire hard drive. Not worth it. I'm running Ubuntu for the time being lol it's quite nice. I'll be installing Windows when I get the disc from a friend. Dell wasn't gracious enough to send one with the computer