TvTuner Questions??

Storm1234

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
Well I bought a TV Wonder 200 PCI Card for my computer about a week ago at bestbuy for about 45$ and I have a few questions.

1) My main question is there anyway for the screen to take up my whole monitor not just like a 1/3rd of it? Because it doesn't go any bigger then like 1/3 of my monitor.

2) To my first question is this because of my TvTuner Card or with all TvTuner's?

3) I dont know much about TvTuner Cards but is there anything thats good about them other then watching tv and Recording TV ( Haven't Tried yet ) that I should know?

4) A few channels have like a fuzzy part in the picture that takes up like 1/2 of the picture so basically makes those channels unuseable, any ideas what is causing this?

I very much appreciate if anyone has answers to any of the questions.

Thank You.

bacis

Distinguished
May 29, 2005
hi.
to the 1 question
i do not see the reason why the picture to not been maximized.did you try full sreen buttons?first time i hear that that picture does not maxize.check the settings.
if this wan't work reinstalling the card is a good idea.
if the probl;em is still there probably faulty card.
as you say its a new card, return it for an hauppauge card or pinnacle.
2 question.
when you bought htat card which one was the reason?
i mean for what use you bought it.all card are for watching tv shows, record tv shows for later viewing scheduling recording.
3 question.
check the antenna cable.andrescan the channels?
does your normal tv looks ok in these channels?
if yes antenna problem.

Storm1234

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
WOW, I figured it out for FullScreen it looks amazing.

Now my only problem is Channel 6 is fuzzy for some reason.

Also as I was figuring this out, My E: Drive has dissappeared and I had this Error pop up in the bottom right hand corner forget what it said. I rebooted and my E harddrive is still not showing up.

I heard TvTuner's didn't cause much strain on a computer, but I think they do quite a bit. I think this all could have done with so much stuff on at the same time.

Well hopefully Ill beable to fix this, think it had to do with recording. I just tried recording with my new card and thats when it all went wrong, and when I rebooted all kinds of stuff hung, almost thought it wasnt gonna boot.

Well I'll get back to you all, all I had to do is double click the picture window for fullscreen heh.

Thanks Storm~