Previously whenever I used to log on, computer used to open with desktop and
from their I used to go to the program according to my need. Since yesterday
things changed and now suddenly whenever I log on my computer window opens.
As far as I know I have not changed any parameter, neither my scheduled task
shows the change.
Explanation to this change will be of great help to me.
Thanks.

Just a clarification please. when you say, (whenever I log on my computer
window opens) what exactly do you mean? What window? The 'MY COMPUTER'
screen that shows your hard disk drives, devices with removable storage,
and shared folders, etc? Or do you mean that it goes right to your browser
home page, like I.E., or whatever you have?

"Jagdish Chandra" <bobrup51@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Previously whenever I used to log on, computer used to open with desktop
and
> from their I used to go to the program according to my need. Since
yesterday
> things changed and now suddenly whenever I log on my computer window
opens.
> As far as I know I have not changed any parameter, neither my scheduled
task
> shows the change.
> Explanation to this change will be of great help to me.
> Thanks.

Yes, it shows 'my computer' screen.

"lvee" <notmesothere@msn.com> wrote in message
> Just a clarification please. when you say, (whenever I log on my computer
> window opens) what exactly do you mean? What window? The 'MY
COMPUTER'
> screen that shows your hard disk drives, devices with removable storage,
> and shared folders, etc? Or do you mean that it goes right to your browser
> home page, like I.E., or whatever you have?
>
> "Jagdish Chandra" <bobrup51@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Previously whenever I used to log on, computer used to open with desktop
> and
> > from their I used to go to the program according to my need. Since
> yesterday
> > things changed and now suddenly whenever I log on my computer window
> opens.
> > As far as I know I have not changed any parameter, neither my scheduled
> task
> > shows the change.
> > Explanation to this change will be of great help to me.
> > Thanks.

yes, 'my computer' screen that shows hard drive etc, opens.

"lvee" <notmesothere@msn.com> wrote in message
> Just a clarification please. when you say, (whenever I log on my computer
> window opens) what exactly do you mean? What window? The 'MY
COMPUTER'
> screen that shows your hard disk drives, devices with removable storage,
> and shared folders, etc? Or do you mean that it goes right to your browser
> home page, like I.E., or whatever you have?
>
> "Jagdish Chandra" <bobrup51@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Previously whenever I used to log on, computer used to open with desktop
> and
> > from their I used to go to the program according to my need. Since
> yesterday
> > things changed and now suddenly whenever I log on my computer window
> opens.
> > As far as I know I have not changed any parameter, neither my scheduled
> task
> > shows the change.
> > Explanation to this change will be of great help to me.
> > Thanks.

Okay..here goes. Are you Okay with altering the registry?

To access it, click Start>run, then, in the box type in regedit
Hit ok.
Now on the left of your screen look for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
now, click the, then follow this path
Click on
software, then, Microsoft, then windows NT, then current version, then
winlogon...click to highlight winlogon, and now you will see on the right
side of the screen a list of values, etc. Click on a blank spot on that
screen and scroll down until you see userinit. It should read as follows,

C:\Windows\system32\Userinit.exe

Don't do anything yet, just post back with your results.

> yes, 'my computer' screen that shows hard drive etc, opens.
>
> "lvee" <notmesothere@msn.com> wrote in message
> > Just a clarification please. when you say, (whenever I log on my
computer
> > window opens) what exactly do you mean? What window? The 'MY
> COMPUTER'
> > screen that shows your hard disk drives, devices with removable
storage,
> > and shared folders, etc? Or do you mean that it goes right to your
browser
> > home page, like I.E., or whatever you have?
> >
> > "Jagdish Chandra" <bobrup51@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Previously whenever I used to log on, computer used to open with
desktop
> > and
> > > from their I used to go to the program according to my need. Since
> > yesterday
> > > things changed and now suddenly whenever I log on my computer window
> > opens.
> > > As far as I know I have not changed any parameter, neither my
scheduled
> > task
> > > shows the change.
> > > Explanation to this change will be of great help to me.
> > > Thanks.

Hi,
Ivee,
thanks a lot for your reply. I am not perfectly conversant with registry. so
what I did was (answer to which came after I had posted the question) to
resort to system restore, which solved the problem. I am still vexed at not
knowing what caused it. Any idea what could have happened.
Thanks again.

Not really, certain 'wares, i.e. spyware, maleware, etc, and make huge, or
subtle changes in the registry. It is very advisable to install, if you
haven't got them already, SpyBot Search & Destroy, Ad-AwareSE, & Spyware
Blaster, and update them regularly.
I'm glad a System Restore fixed the problem, though.
If you don't have the above mentioned, here is a link to the Major Geek's
site. Those are all Freeware, and the site is known and trusted.
http://majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html

> Hi,
> Ivee,
> thanks a lot for your reply. I am not perfectly conversant with registry.
so
> what I did was (answer to which came after I had posted the question) to
> resort to system restore, which solved the problem. I am still vexed at
not
> knowing what caused it. Any idea what could have happened.
> Thanks again.

Ivee,
I have spybot search & destroy and spyware blaster installed in my computer.
I will also install ad-aware as per your suggestion.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Just a reminder, update those programs weekly...lots of new things are
invented everyday that can play bad games with your pc, so updating against
new attacks is important.