PC wont come back from standby after overclockin

caytos

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2006
everytime i put my pc on standby...and i come back..it either starts up and the CPU temperature are around 10 degrees higher than usual...or it just doesnt start up..and i have to unplug it and plug it back in.....any ideas why...i have pentium D 805 overclocked at 3.65...works perfectly when on...2gb ram also overclocked....

is it a lack of voltage...?..but when i run Prime95 for almost 12 hours...everything went smooth

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
Just disable standby or in bios disable anything to do with power saving features, when ocing never use standby I have always had problems with power saving features with oced processors. Power reduction with ocing dont mix dude. Like mentioned you may need to reset bios and start over

caytos

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2006
does that go with hibernating too???
and also..why should i clear the cmos ... i do want my cpu overclocked...its just that from now on .. i wont standby...

should i just turn the pc off everytime im not using it then..?? or just leave it on..for the day...and also...does turning the HD off...affect it in any way

caytos

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2006
the only problem ive ever had with hibernating (not sure if it was really hibernating that caused this) but one time when i came back from hibernating...well it didnt ... my Power Supply died...idk if it was cause of hibernating...it was the second week after i finished buildin my pc..and the second day after i overclocked....however it was only a 460W...now i have 550W...and so far no problems...but i havent hibernated since then...cause im not sure if thats what it caused my PS to die...

valis

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2005
and also..why should i clear the cmos ... i do want my cpu overclocked...its just that from now on .. i wont standby...

should i just turn the pc off everytime im not using it then..?? or just leave it on..for the day...and also...does turning the HD off...affect it in any way

turn off both hibernate and standby modes, they're absolute crap to begin with and have never worked right. the only justification for them could possibly be in a laptop, but even then i've rarely had them work as they're supposed to.

my 7 computers are on 24/7

Valis

Nitro350Z

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2006
IMO hibernate is not a bad feature if you have a slow computer, it really cuts down on total boot time(loading all apps and everying else, not just the time till windows log on screen). Otherwise it can help if you just dont have the time or are too lazy to open up all the apps and sites that you want to run and just hibernate so that the next time you boot, they are all still open.

But maybe thats just me...

danny9894

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2006

turn off both hibernate and standby modes, they're absolute crap to begin with and have never worked right. the only justification for them could possibly be in a laptop, but even then i've rarely had them work as they're supposed to.

Valis
They work on Vista so when you upgrade you will be presently suprised.

valis

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2005

Valis
They work on Vista so when you upgrade you will be presently suprised.

but i dont have a need for either, as i said, my comps are on 24/7, and most of them have to be.