Deleting a user profile on XP Pro

I want to delete a user profile from an XP-Pro workstation without removing
the user account from the domain.

right click My Computer -> Properties -> advanced -> User profiles.

I select the profile, but the delete button is greyed out.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
~alan
2 answers Last reply
More about deleting user profile

    Where you were are the User Settings not the place to add or delete User
    Profiles. To add or delete, you use User Accounts under the Control Panel.
    Deleting their profile will also delete their account. You can copy their
    account
    by creating a new folder first and put the files there, and then delete the
    account.
    Later, if you desire you can create their account again and replace their
    account files. That is the only way I've found how to do it. If some other
    reader
    has found a better way, please post it here.

    "~~Alan~~" wrote:

    > I want to delete a user profile from an XP-Pro workstation without removing
    > the user account from the domain.
    >
    > right click My Computer -> Properties -> advanced -> User profiles.
    >
    > I select the profile, but the delete button is greyed out.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > ~alan

    It sounds like you may not be familiar with domains. The user account does
    not reside on the workstation, but rather on the server under ADS.

    I do not want to delete the account, just the local profile vs a roaming
    profie on this workstation.

    ~alan

    "Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Where you were are the User Settings not the place to add or delete User
    > Profiles. To add or delete, you use User Accounts under the Control
    > Panel.
    > Deleting their profile will also delete their account. You can copy their
    > account
    > by creating a new folder first and put the files there, and then delete
    > the
    > account.
    > Later, if you desire you can create their account again and replace their
    > account files. That is the only way I've found how to do it. If some
    > other
    > reader
    > has found a better way, please post it here.
    >
    > "~~Alan~~" wrote:
    >
    >> I want to delete a user profile from an XP-Pro workstation without
    >> removing
    >> the user account from the domain.
    >>
    >> right click My Computer -> Properties -> advanced -> User profiles.
    >>
    >> I select the profile, but the delete button is greyed out.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> ~alan

Windows XP