Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

XFX 7950 GT: Buy now or wait?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Nvidia
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
October 16, 2006 1:33:16 AM

Hello, I'm interested in buying the XFX 7950 GT, but I'm not sure if I should go ahead and buy it now or wait for a price drop when NVIDIA releases their DX10 cards next month.

What would you do?

More about : xfx 7950 buy wait

a b U Graphics card
October 16, 2006 1:38:54 AM

There are better cards for less money... 1) X1900XT and 2) 7900GTO.
October 16, 2006 2:00:08 AM

Thank you, stranger! Now apply the previous question to the 7900 GTO ;) 
Related resources
October 16, 2006 2:31:04 AM

Are you the Megiddo that made ULX or whatever?
October 16, 2006 2:34:55 AM

I'm looking at the same issue myself. The 7900GTO seems like the sleeper card out there and is already pretty cheap. Retail prices probably won't come down too much. I know it took almost a year for the 6800GT prices to decrease enough that it was relevant.

So, if you want a 7900GTO then I don't think you'll be kicking yourself in the ass two months from now because the price dropped $100, it will probably drop just a small amount.

What I'm hoping is that when a bunch of folks jump on the 8800's there will be a glut of great, used, high end 7900 series on the market and the prices will be fire sale cheap.
October 16, 2006 3:13:51 AM

Quote:
Are you the Megiddo that made ULX or whatever?


Yes... I'm rather surprised to be recognized outside the GMod forums. 8O
October 16, 2006 5:01:02 AM

If u wait until G80 comes out, ull want to buy G80.

I say, get the X1900XT 256MB or the 7900 GTO 512MB and wait for R600 in Feburary. Then sell the card and buy either G80 or R600.

Thats what im doing.