Cingular sells AT&T Wireless Customers

It is a problem for the AT&T customers who did not want to be part of
Suncom. The AT&T customers currently under contract will not be allowed
to go to Cingular. So, AT&T Wireless customers were sold to Suncom.

--
dlginnc
More about cingular sells wireless customers

    In <dlginnc.1g1lmy@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au> on Sat, 20 Nov 2004
    23:17:57 GMT, dlginnc <dlginnc.1g1lmy@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au> wrote:

    >It is a problem for the AT&T customers who did not want to be part of
    >Suncom. The AT&T customers currently under contract will not be allowed
    >to go to Cingular. So, AT&T Wireless customers were sold to Suncom.

    I think they've actually got a pretty good case to get out without penalty by
    virtue of not being offered the same deals (e.g., Cingular Rollover) as other
    ATTWS customers.

    John,

    The problem is, they were never Cingular customers. They are now suncom
    customers. They are just out of luck.

    Chip

    John Navas wrote:

    > In <dlginnc.1g1lmy@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au> on Sat, 20 Nov 2004
    > 23:17:57 GMT, dlginnc <dlginnc.1g1lmy@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au> wrote:
    >

    >>It is a problem for the AT&T customers who did not want to be part of
    >>Suncom. The AT&T customers currently under contract will not be allowed
    >>to go to Cingular. So, AT&T Wireless customers were sold to Suncom.
    >

    > I think they've actually got a pretty good case to get out without penalty by
    > virtue of not being offered the same deals (e.g., Cingular Rollover) as other
    > ATTWS customers.

    I disagree.

    In <10q2jjti6j4vv75@corp.supernews.com> on Sun, 21 Nov 2004 21:27:09 -0500,
    Ralph Blach <rblach@NOSPAMintrex..XXXnet> wrote:

    >John,
    >
    >The problem is, they were never Cingular customers. They are now suncom
    > customers. They are just out of luck.
    >
    >Chip
    >
    >John Navas wrote:
    >> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >>
    >> In <dlginnc.1g1lmy@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au> on Sat, 20 Nov 2004
    >> 23:17:57 GMT, dlginnc <dlginnc.1g1lmy@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au> wrote:
    >>

    >>>It is a problem for the AT&T customers who did not want to be part of
    >>>Suncom. The AT&T customers currently under contract will not be allowed
    >>>to go to Cingular. So, AT&T Wireless customers were sold to Suncom.
    >>

    >> I think they've actually got a pretty good case to get out without penalty by
    >> virtue of not being offered the same deals (e.g., Cingular Rollover) as other
    >> ATTWS customers.

    John,

    I talked to Cingular, and those customers will move directly to Suncom,
    and not even take a stop through cingular.

    I was part of the agreement. and with that, lets agree to disagree, ok

    Anyway, here in NC, Cingular desparately need 800mhz spectrum in the
    moutains, where the coverage is lousy.

    chip

    John Navas wrote:
    > I disagree.
    >
    > In <10q2jjti6j4vv75@corp.supernews.com> on Sun, 21 Nov 2004 21:27:09 -0500,
    > Ralph Blach <rblach@NOSPAMintrex..XXXnet> wrote:
    >

    >>John,
    >>
    >>The problem is, they were never Cingular customers. They are now suncom
    >> customers. They are just out of luck.
    >>
    >>Chip
    >>
    >>John Navas wrote:
    >>
    >>>[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    >>>I think they've actually got a pretty good case to get out without penalty by
    >>>virtue of not being offered the same deals (e.g., Cingular Rollover) as other
    >>>ATTWS customers.

    That these customers are never with Cingular is irrelevant -- they are with
    ATTWS, and ATTWS is part of the merger. A service agreement can be terminated
    without penalty if the terms of the agreement change significantly, and being
    switched from a national carrier to a regional carrier may well constitute
    such a significant change even if the rate plan doesn't change, IMHO at least.

    In <10q3sknqpr5us62@corp.supernews.com> on Mon, 22 Nov 2004 09:07:17 -0500,
    Ralph Blach <rblach@NOSPAMintrex..XXXnet> wrote:

    >I talked to Cingular, and those customers will move directly to Suncom,
    >and not even take a stop through cingular.
    >
    >I was part of the agreement. and with that, lets agree to disagree, ok
    >
    >Anyway, here in NC, Cingular desparately need 800mhz spectrum in the
    >moutains, where the coverage is lousy.

    >John Navas wrote:

    >> I disagree.
    >>
    >> In <10q2jjti6j4vv75@corp.supernews.com> on Sun, 21 Nov 2004 21:27:09 -0500,
    >> Ralph Blach <rblach@NOSPAMintrex..XXXnet> wrote:

    >>>The problem is, they were never Cingular customers. They are now suncom
    >>> customers. They are just out of luck.

    On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 15:57:57 GMT, John Navas
    <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> said in alt.cellular.cingular:

    >That these customers are never with Cingular is irrelevant -- they are with
    >ATTWS, and ATTWS is part of the merger. A service agreement can be terminated
    >without penalty if the terms of the agreement change significantly, and being
    >switched from a national carrier to a regional carrier may well constitute
    >such a significant change even if the rate plan doesn't change, IMHO at least.

    We've gotten a couple of people out of their AT&T contracts simply
    because the carrier is no longer AT&T. (I have one employee who could
    talk the stripes off a hungry tiger.) You can't sign that same
    customer up with Cingular at that point - but you can get them signed
    up with someone else, like T-Mobile.

Cingular Wireless At&T Internet Service Providers