Donating and New Friends?

Last response: in Video Games
February 10, 2005 8:01:34 PM

As I have been saying, I am trying to clean out my SDB. Some items it just
isn't worth the effort and space to have in my shop, so I have been donating
them to the Money Tree. I have also been inundated with Neofriend requests.
It's not like these things have to be connected, but I think they are. Do
people really hang out at the MT to find 'generous' (I'm not, really!)
people to befriend in an effort to get something?

I have people in my NF who have never contacted me again. Why? What's the
point? Is there an avatar or trophy for the person who has the most useless
people in there NF list? Or for the person who is on the most peoples
lists? I just don't get it.

daramark

More about : donating friends

Anonymous
February 11, 2005 1:37:18 AM

I think they want you to donate to them because you are their "friend" over
giving it to the tree. I get that a lot from Trades, or "you have great
stuff, can I be your neofriend"... umm, I have ONE good thing, and I am
getting rid of it LOL...

"daramark" <dara.butler@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> As I have been saying, I am trying to clean out my SDB. Some items it
just
> isn't worth the effort and space to have in my shop, so I have been
donating
> them to the Money Tree. I have also been inundated with Neofriend
requests.
> It's not like these things have to be connected, but I think they are. Do
> people really hang out at the MT to find 'generous' (I'm not, really!)
> people to befriend in an effort to get something?
>
> I have people in my NF who have never contacted me again. Why? What's
the
> point? Is there an avatar or trophy for the person who has the most
useless
> people in there NF list? Or for the person who is on the most peoples
> lists? I just don't get it.
>

> daramark

February 11, 2005 2:29:39 AM

daramark [dara.butler@sympatico.ca] said
> As I have been saying, I am trying to clean out my SDB. Some items it just
> isn't worth the effort and space to have in my shop, so I have been donating
> them to the Money Tree. I have also been inundated with Neofriend requests.
> It's not like these things have to be connected, but I think they are. Do
> people really hang out at the MT to find 'generous' (I'm not, really!)
> people to befriend in an effort to get something?
>
> I have people in my NF who have never contacted me again. Why? What's the
> point? Is there an avatar or trophy for the person who has the most useless
> people in there NF list? Or for the person who is on the most peoples
> lists? I just don't get it.

I just delete the notifications and then let the requests themselves
rot.

I used to deny each one as they came in but I then used to get
complaints so now I just delete them all as a job lot once a month or
so.
February 11, 2005 5:48:34 AM

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, Les wrote:
> I just delete the notifications and then let the requests themselves
> rot.
>
> I used to deny each one as they came in but I then used to get
> complaints so now I just delete them all as a job lot once a month or
> so.

Why not just turn off NeoFriend requests entirely?

February 11, 2005 5:48:35 AM

"Joseph William Dixon" <aa343@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote in message
news:p ine.GSO.3.95.iB1.0.1050211024805.4811A-100000@halifax.chebucto.ns.ca...
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, Les wrote:
>> I just delete the notifications and then let the requests themselves
>> rot.
>>
>> I used to deny each one as they came in but I then used to get
>> complaints so now I just delete them all as a job lot once a month or
>> so.
>
> Why not just turn off NeoFriend requests entirely?

Uhmm, too logical? I don't know. I am anti-social enough now, if I close
myself off from even the slightest social contact I must be considered a
hermit, or worse yet, an achorite.

daramark
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 5:48:36 AM

> "Joseph William Dixon" <aa343@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote in message
> news:p ine.GSO.3.95.iB1.0.1050211024805.4811A-100000@halifax.chebucto.ns.ca...
>> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, Les wrote:
>>> I just delete the notifications and then let the requests themselves
>>> rot.
>>>
>>> I used to deny each one as they came in but I then used to get
>>> complaints so now I just delete them all as a job lot once a month or
>>> so.
>>
>> Why not just turn off NeoFriend requests entirely?
>

> Uhmm, too logical? I don't know. I am anti-social enough now, if I close
> myself off from even the slightest social contact I must be considered a
> hermit, or worse yet, an achorite.
>
> daramark
wow, you too, eh? The older I get, the more hermit-like I get. I've never
heard of the word achorite. I'll have to go look it up!
;~) By any chance, is your birthday in July?

Interesting, my spell checker is telling me it's anchorite. Is it a real word
or is it a neopian word?
Take care,
Mikki
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 10:25:12 AM

"daramark" <dara.butler@sympatico.ca> schreef in bericht
> As I have been saying, I am trying to clean out my SDB. Some items it
> just isn't worth the effort and space to have in my shop, so I have been
> donating them to the Money Tree. I have also been inundated with
> Neofriend requests. It's not like these things have to be connected, but I
> think they are. Do people really hang out at the MT to find 'generous'
> (I'm not, really!) people to befriend in an effort to get something?
>
> I have people in my NF who have never contacted me again. Why? What's
> the point? Is there an avatar or trophy for the person who has the most
> useless people in there NF list? Or for the person who is on the most
> peoples lists? I just don't get it.
>

> daramark

There is always the risk that when you are tired you click on the wrong name
when you want to give something to a friend. This happened to me several
times. Maybe that is why people want to be on your list, they are hoping for
that. :)

--
M00ndreamz
http://moondreams.online.fr/

"~Mikki~" <mikki721@charter.net> wrote in message
> "daramark" <dara.butler@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> "Joseph William Dixon" <aa343@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote in message
>> news:p ine.GSO.3.95.iB1.0.1050211024805.4811A-100000@halifax.chebucto.ns.ca...

>>> Why not just turn off NeoFriend requests entirely?
>>

>> Uhmm, too logical? I don't know. I am anti-social enough now, if I close
>> myself off from even the slightest social contact I must be considered a
>> hermit, or worse yet, an achorite.
>>
>> daramark
> wow, you too, eh? The older I get, the more hermit-like I get. I've
> never heard of the word achorite. I'll have to go look it up!
> ;~) By any chance, is your birthday in July?
>
> Interesting, my spell checker is telling me it's anchorite. Is it a real
> word or is it a neopian word?
> Take care,
> Mikki

I knew it didn't look right, too late at night for typing big unused words.
An Anchorite is a woman who would look for a church that would take her in;
she would be bricked in, probably with just a window; she was supposed to
spend her time praying and dispensing 'wisdom' to those in the village who
would come to her window. Not quite a nun, but some convents had them.

Someitme I feel that if it weren't for my little one, I wouldn't leave my
house ever. Even though I think that the only way to improve my house would
be to bulldozer it; I hate my house. :)

daramark
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 6:37:37 PM

OH! I was just on auctions and had a thought... NF only auctions (the 1 NP
ones). The more lists you are on, the more you can partake in!!

"Moondreams" <isisis111REMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "daramark" <dara.butler@sympatico.ca> schreef in bericht
> > As I have been saying, I am trying to clean out my SDB. Some items it
> > just isn't worth the effort and space to have in my shop, so I have been
> > donating them to the Money Tree. I have also been inundated with
> > Neofriend requests. It's not like these things have to be connected, but
> > think they are. Do people really hang out at the MT to find 'generous'
> > (I'm not, really!) people to befriend in an effort to get something?
> >
> > I have people in my NF who have never contacted me again. Why? What's
> > the point? Is there an avatar or trophy for the person who has the most
> > useless people in there NF list? Or for the person who is on the most
> > peoples lists? I just don't get it.
> >

> > daramark
> >

> There is always the risk that when you are tired you click on the wrong
name
> when you want to give something to a friend. This happened to me several
> times. Maybe that is why people want to be on your list, they are hoping
for
> that. :)
>
> --
> M00ndreamz
> http://moondreams.online.fr/

Anonymous
February 11, 2005 6:37:38 PM

"Bodcat1" <bodcat1@yourunderpantsshaw.ca> wrote in message
> OH! I was just on auctions and had a thought... NF only auctions (the 1 NP
> ones). The more lists you are on, the more you can partake in!!

Yes, I suppose. But I always look without NF, because if I was going to
have one of those auctions, I would tell all my friends, and we could do it
on the TP. Much easier. Why do people do those annoying NF only auctions
if nobody wants the items?

daramark
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 6:37:39 PM

daramark wrote:

> "Bodcat1" <bodcat1@yourunderpantsshaw.ca> wrote in message
>
>>OH! I was just on auctions and had a thought... NF only auctions (the 1 NP
>>ones). The more lists you are on, the more you can partake in!!
>
> Yes, I suppose. But I always look without NF, because if I was going to
> have one of those auctions, I would tell all my friends, and we could do it
> on the TP. Much easier. Why do people do those annoying NF only auctions
> if nobody wants the items?

Yeah; it bugs the hell out of me to see a map piece or pb I've
been lusting after for 5 NP, only to find that it's neofriends
only. That would seem to only result in NF requests just to get
in on the auction (the one I sent someone got rejected
immediately...and I was willing/able to pay TP price for that
particular pb).

--
Neopets! It's FREE! Create and care for a virtual pet, explore,
play games and more!

Joseph William Dixon [aa343@chebucto.ns.ca] said
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, Les wrote:
> > I just delete the notifications and then let the requests themselves
> > rot.
> >
> > I used to deny each one as they came in but I then used to get
> > complaints so now I just delete them all as a job lot once a month or
> > so.
>
> Why not just turn off NeoFriend requests entirely?

Because occasionally I use it. I used to have it turned off but that was
a pain when I actually wanted to set up a neofriend so I now just ignore
those who abuse it.

Interestingly, I got told off last week for having battle challengers on
and turning one down.

I had just created a new pet, a pretty purple grundo that I hope will go
orange in the lab, and some noob challenged it - the poor thing was only
a couple of hours old.

"Why don't you just turn challenges off if you don't want them" came the
angry neomail when I rejected the challenge. Well, I am quite happy for
my nice strong Jetsam to be challenged so why should I turn the feature
off for the benefit of others?

I also ignore stupid neomails and I have no intention of turning them
off either.

So that is why. :-)
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 2:18:06 AM

"Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Joseph William Dixon [aa343@chebucto.ns.ca] said
>> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, Les wrote:
>> > I just delete the notifications and then let the requests themselves
>> > rot.
>> >
>> > I used to deny each one as they came in but I then used to get
>> > complaints so now I just delete them all as a job lot once a month or
>> > so.
>>
>> Why not just turn off NeoFriend requests entirely?
>>

> Because occasionally I use it. I used to have it turned off but that was
> a pain when I actually wanted to set up a neofriend so I now just ignore
> those who abuse it.
>
> Interestingly, I got told off last week for having battle challengers on
> and turning one down.
>
> I had just created a new pet, a pretty purple grundo that I hope will go
> orange in the lab, and some noob challenged it - the poor thing was only
> a couple of hours old.
>
> "Why don't you just turn challenges off if you don't want them" came the
> angry neomail when I rejected the challenge. Well, I am quite happy for
> my nice strong Jetsam to be challenged so why should I turn the feature
> off for the benefit of others?
>
> I also ignore stupid neomails and I have no intention of turning them
> off either.
>
> So that is why. :-)

Speaking of your nice strong Jetsam, one day I would like to battle with
you, for the avatar. Always supposing I have a pet in the right level
range.

daramark
!