Print Margin problem in IE and OE

I have XP Sp2, with a HP Laserjet4 printer via LPT1. When I want to print a
page from IE, it always defaults the margins to zero for top/bottom &
left/right, which means that the edges of text get cut off unless I change
the margins manually each time. The new values don't stay permanent, so, if
I go to Page Setup, change them and OK, then go back to Page Setup, they're
all back to zero. I don't have the option to set the margins from the Print
menu itself.

Same problem applies to printing from Outlook Express, since I only have the
Print menu from which I cannot change the margins, and they seem to have
defaulted to zero.

I tried looking and changing this from my admin account, but it has the same
problem as my main user account.

How can I change the default margins permanently?

Thanks,
Pascal.
1 answer Last reply
More about print margin problem

    OE uses the IE print engine. Any settings made in IE are applied to OE.

    Check the settings here >>>
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\PageSetup
    margin_bottom
    margin_left
    margin_right
    margin_top

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:coilbi$o0a$1@sparta.btinternet.com,
    Pascal Herczog <dummy@btinternet.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I have XP Sp2, with a HP Laserjet4 printer via LPT1. When I want to
    > print a page from IE, it always defaults the margins to zero for
    > top/bottom & left/right, which means that the edges of text get cut
    > off unless I change the margins manually each time. The new values
    > don't stay permanent, so, if I go to Page Setup, change them and OK,
    > then go back to Page Setup, they're all back to zero. I don't have
    > the option to set the margins from the Print menu itself.
    >
    > Same problem applies to printing from Outlook Express, since I only
    > have the Print menu from which I cannot change the margins, and they
    > seem to have defaulted to zero.
    >
    > I tried looking and changing this from my admin account, but it has
    > the same problem as my main user account.
    >
    > How can I change the default margins permanently?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Pascal.

Internet Explorer Hewlett Packard Windows XP