HP Scanjet 5P won't scan color

My HP Scanjet 5p has worked fine for many years on NT4.0 OS. I
recently installed it on a win 98se os computer. It works ok except
that it won't scan or open any color files. I then put windows ME os
on the computer and I have the same problem. I get the following
message when I try to do anything with color: "cannot load module
LTFIL90N.DLL". This file is located in the c:\windows\system
directory. Any ideas?

JPC

"John Callaway" <jcalla@erols.com> wrote in message
> My HP Scanjet 5p has worked fine for many years on NT4.0 OS. I
> recently installed it on a win 98se os computer. It works ok except
> that it won't scan or open any color files. I then put windows ME os
> on the computer and I have the same problem. I get the following
> message when I try to do anything with color: "cannot load module
> LTFIL90N.DLL". This file is located in the c:\windows\system
> directory. Any ideas?
>
> JPC

Yeah! Find and replace the missing file.

First try to restore the file from the Windows OS CD.
In Windows 98 SE (I dont have ME). Copied from Win98SE Help.

To extract system files from your installation disks

Start System File Checker. (See to start System File Checker.)

Click Extract one file from installation disk.

Type the name of the file in File to extract, or click Browse.

Click Start.

In Restore From, type the name of the folder where the .cab files are
located on your installation disk.

If necessary, change the path in Save file in.

Click OK.

Note

You can also start System File Checker by clicking Start, pointing to
Programs, pointing to Accessories, pointing to System Tools, and then
clicking System Information. In System Information, click Tools, and then
click System File Checker.

Using System File Checker

You can use System File Checker to verify the integrity of your operating
system files, to restore them if they are corrupted, and to extract
compressed files (such as drivers) from your installation disks.

You can have System File Checker back up the existing files before restoring
the original files. You can also customize search criteria based on folder
and file extension.

To start System File Checker

Note

You can also start System File Checker by clicking Start, pointing to
Programs, pointing to Accessories, pointing to System Tools, and then
clicking System Information. In System Information, click Tools, and then
click System File Checker.

If the file is not on the Windows OS CD, then it has to be a part of the HP
Scanjet 5p driver software. In which case, remove the scanner software and
re-install the scanner software.

Go to HP and download the latest software for the OS you are using.

Page for 5P software downloads. (Pick your model)

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Lookup?h_lang=en&h_cc=us&cc=us&h_page=hpcom&lang=en&h_client=S-A-R163-1&h_pagetype=software&h_query=Scanjet+5p+&submit.x=10&submit.y=7

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com