  • Scanners
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
August 24, 2004 9:46:12 PM

I've got some yellow paper I want to copy. I tried to scan and print it on
white paper, but that yellow printed doesn't match the original at all.

I tried to scan it gray and black/white, but I can still see the yellow as a
grayed area, so I can't print it at all. (I want to print it on blanco
yellow paper.)

Here is what I tried to copy: http://www.konstantinopel.nl/PCDV0024.JPG .

Could someone give me a clue?

Many thanks!

More about : scanning advice

Anonymous
August 24, 2004 9:46:13 PM

In article <412b7ee7$0$58999$b83b6cc0@news.wanadoo.nl>,
mutant_space_bats_of_doom@hotmail.com says...

>I've got some yellow paper I want to copy. I tried to scan and print it on
>white paper, but that yellow printed doesn't match the original at all.

Doesnt match how? If the yellow comes out too light, near white, then that
is the auto adjustments working, assuming the paper (actually meaning the
lightest areas) was white, not knowing it should be yellow. If so, a manual
(non-auto) scan can help, by preventing lowering the White Point so much.

>I tried to scan it gray and black/white, but I can still see the yellow as a
>grayed area, so I can't print it at all. (I want to print it on blanco
>yellow paper.)

Here the opposite idea - you can manually lower the White Point even more to
push the light gray more towards white, so that it disappears (assuming no
light detail you need to retain). For WhitePoint info, see the material at
http://www.scantips.com/simple.html

If there is no lighter detail you need to retain, then scanning in line art
mode will do that, so that everything is either fully black or fully white
(white meaning "no ink", being yellow when printed on yellow paper). This
may be appropriate for your goal. The tonal values will be far less exact,
but result likely better. The threshold adjustment will give control over
the middle gray stuff printing to be either white or as black. For line
art/threshold info, see http://www.scantips.com/basics06.html

--
Wayne
http://www.scantips.com "A few scanning tips"

On 24-Aug-2004, Wayne Fulton <nospam@invalid.com> wrote:

> In article <412b7ee7$0$58999$b83b6cc0@news.wanadoo.nl>,
> mutant_space_bats_of_doom@hotmail.com says...
> >

> >I've got some yellow paper I want to copy. I tried to scan and print it
> >on
> >white paper, but that yellow printed doesn't match the original at all.
>
> Doesnt match how? If the yellow comes out too light, near white, then
> that
> is the auto adjustments working, assuming the paper (actually meaning the
> lightest areas) was white, not knowing it should be yellow. If so, a
> manual
> (non-auto) scan can help, by preventing lowering the White Point so much.

That kind of yellow seems to me to be 'unscannable', something...
If I did a scan of the yellow paper with the text, and could print it on
white paper,
that would be fine.

> >I tried to scan it gray and black/white, but I can still see the yellow
> >as a
> >grayed area, so I can't print it at all. (I want to print it on blanco
> >yellow paper.)
>
> Here the opposite idea - you can manually lower the White Point even more
> push the light gray more towards white, so that it disappears (assuming no
> light detail you need to retain). For WhitePoint info, see the material
> at http://www.scantips.com/simple.html

Worth a shot, however I'm not too familair with image processing tools like
psp.

> If there is no lighter detail you need to retain, then scanning in line
> art
> mode will do that, so that everything is either fully black or fully white
> (white meaning "no ink", being yellow when printed on yellow paper). This
> may be appropriate for your goal. The tonal values will be far less exact,
> but result likely better. The threshold adjustment will give control
> over
> the middle gray stuff printing to be either white or as black. For line
> art/threshold info, see http://www.scantips.com/basics06.html

It's black and gray printed on yellow. Maybe there is some way to convert
everything in the range of yellow to white, and leave the rest of the colors
what they be? I'm having an option in my image program to change red,
blue and green colors, but unfortunately they don't do the job.

> >Here is what I tried to copy: http://www.konstantinopel.nl/PCDV0024.JPG .
>
> --
> Wayne
> http://www.scantips.com "A few scanning tips"

I'll soon be figuring out, thanks for your help!
!