Scanning advice

I've got some yellow paper I want to copy. I tried to scan and print it on
white paper, but that yellow printed doesn't match the original at all.

I tried to scan it gray and black/white, but I can still see the yellow as a
grayed area, so I can't print it at all. (I want to print it on blanco
yellow paper.)

Here is what I tried to copy: http://www.konstantinopel.nl/PCDV0024.JPG .

Could someone give me a clue?

Many thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about scanning advice

    In article <412b7ee7$0$58999$b83b6cc0@news.wanadoo.nl>,
    mutant_space_bats_of_doom@hotmail.com says...

    >I've got some yellow paper I want to copy. I tried to scan and print it on
    >white paper, but that yellow printed doesn't match the original at all.

    Doesnt match how? If the yellow comes out too light, near white, then that
    is the auto adjustments working, assuming the paper (actually meaning the
    lightest areas) was white, not knowing it should be yellow. If so, a manual
    (non-auto) scan can help, by preventing lowering the White Point so much.

    >I tried to scan it gray and black/white, but I can still see the yellow as a
    >grayed area, so I can't print it at all. (I want to print it on blanco
    >yellow paper.)

    Here the opposite idea - you can manually lower the White Point even more to
    push the light gray more towards white, so that it disappears (assuming no
    light detail you need to retain). For WhitePoint info, see the material at
    http://www.scantips.com/simple.html

    If there is no lighter detail you need to retain, then scanning in line art
    mode will do that, so that everything is either fully black or fully white
    (white meaning "no ink", being yellow when printed on yellow paper). This
    may be appropriate for your goal. The tonal values will be far less exact,
    but result likely better. The threshold adjustment will give control over
    the middle gray stuff printing to be either white or as black. For line
    art/threshold info, see http://www.scantips.com/basics06.html

    --
    Wayne
    http://www.scantips.com "A few scanning tips"

    On 24-Aug-2004, Wayne Fulton <nospam@invalid.com> wrote:

    > In article <412b7ee7$0$58999$b83b6cc0@news.wanadoo.nl>,
    > mutant_space_bats_of_doom@hotmail.com says...
    > >

    > >I've got some yellow paper I want to copy. I tried to scan and print it
    > >on
    > >white paper, but that yellow printed doesn't match the original at all.
    >
    > Doesnt match how? If the yellow comes out too light, near white, then
    > that
    > is the auto adjustments working, assuming the paper (actually meaning the
    > lightest areas) was white, not knowing it should be yellow. If so, a
    > manual
    > (non-auto) scan can help, by preventing lowering the White Point so much.

    That kind of yellow seems to me to be 'unscannable', something...
    If I did a scan of the yellow paper with the text, and could print it on
    white paper,
    that would be fine.

    > >I tried to scan it gray and black/white, but I can still see the yellow
    > >as a
    > >grayed area, so I can't print it at all. (I want to print it on blanco
    > >yellow paper.)
    >
    > Here the opposite idea - you can manually lower the White Point even more
    > push the light gray more towards white, so that it disappears (assuming no
    > light detail you need to retain). For WhitePoint info, see the material
    > at http://www.scantips.com/simple.html

    Worth a shot, however I'm not too familair with image processing tools like
    psp.

    > If there is no lighter detail you need to retain, then scanning in line
    > art
    > mode will do that, so that everything is either fully black or fully white
    > (white meaning "no ink", being yellow when printed on yellow paper). This
    > may be appropriate for your goal. The tonal values will be far less exact,
    > but result likely better. The threshold adjustment will give control
    > over
    > the middle gray stuff printing to be either white or as black. For line
    > art/threshold info, see http://www.scantips.com/basics06.html

    It's black and gray printed on yellow. Maybe there is some way to convert
    everything in the range of yellow to white, and leave the rest of the colors
    what they be? I'm having an option in my image program to change red,
    blue and green colors, but unfortunately they don't do the job.

    > >Here is what I tried to copy: http://www.konstantinopel.nl/PCDV0024.JPG .
    >
    > --
    > Wayne
    > http://www.scantips.com "A few scanning tips"

    I'll soon be figuring out, thanks for your help!

Scanners Peripherals