Banner ads back?

Is anyone else getting the ads, only this time at the
bottom of the page? If not, I may have picked up
some ad-ware somewhere. It first started when
refreashing the space station for Garoo tho...

Balyn

"Balyn" <balyn_62@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is anyone else getting the ads, only this time at the
> bottom of the page? If not, I may have picked up
> some ad-ware somewhere. It first started when
> refreashing the space station for Garoo tho...

I'd guess you have adware. I often get anvenue a trying to instll alerts
while on Neopets now so people should be super careful.

Gareeth

> I'd guess you have adware. I often get anvenue a trying to instll alerts
> while on Neopets now so people should be super careful.

Okayu I was wrong I am getting them too now and I am adware free. Hope
someone figures out how to block them soon.

Gareeth

"Balyn" <balyn_62@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is anyone else getting the ads, only this time at the
> bottom of the page? If not, I may have picked up
> some ad-ware somewhere. It first started when
> refreashing the space station for Garoo tho...

Ya, I have them. They seem to be related to the banners at the top of the
page, so I think they are Neo. I really like Mozilla Suite but I can not
seem to get rid of the banners with it, so I have them top and bottom. And
sometimes they screw up, not letting me access the buttons at the bottom,
like the Move Checked Items in the SDB, or what ever the button is on the
SW. Oh Joy! At least when I reload, the checked items remain checked.

daramark

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

Balyn [balyn_62@hotmail.com] said
> Is anyone else getting the ads, only this time at the
> bottom of the page? If not, I may have picked up
> some ad-ware somewhere. It first started when
> refreashing the space station for Garoo tho...
>
> Balyn

All is normal here.

Yeah, mine is normal. You must have some adware on your computer.
:(

"Balyn" <balyn_62@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is anyone else getting the ads, only this time at the
> bottom of the page? If not, I may have picked up
> some ad-ware somewhere. It first started when
> refreashing the space station for Garoo tho...

You're not the only one, I keep getting large square ads at the bottom
mostly O2 and MSN ads.

Deborah
--
Hamster Heaven - http://www.hamsterheaven.co.uk

Bottom ads don't bother me. I never scroll down that far anyway.

"Deborah" <deborah@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
> "Balyn" <balyn_62@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Is anyone else getting the ads, only this time at the
> > bottom of the page? If not, I may have picked up
> > some ad-ware somewhere. It first started when
> > refreashing the space station for Garoo tho...
> >

> You're not the only one, I keep getting large square ads at the bottom
> mostly O2 and MSN ads.
>

> Deborah
> --
> Hamster Heaven - http://www.hamsterheaven.co.uk

CK

Distinguished
May 25, 2004

Balyn wrote:
> Is anyone else getting the ads, only this time at the
> bottom of the page? If not, I may have picked up
> some ad-ware somewhere. It first started when
> refreashing the space station for Garoo tho...
>
> Balyn

Normal here too. To combat adware, you might want to get, unless you
already have, three protetctive freeware programs:
- AdAware: http://www.lavasoft.de/
- Spybot Search and Destroy: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
- spywareblaster: http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) yahoo (dot) com

I have SpyBot Search and Destroy. It seems to work really good. To combat
Spyware if you are using Windows XP, use Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta 1.

CK

Distinguished
May 25, 2004

Signed out temporarily and now as I signed back in, there *are* ads at
the bottom of the page. So apparently there's nothing wrong with your
puter but Neopets just thought they'd boost the ad-income...

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Banner Update - You may have noticed a new banner at the bottom of some
pages. Please bear with us during this experimental phase as we are trying
to do what is best for the site. With that in mind, these new banners should
not make the page load any slower for you and are placed at the bottom of
the page so you can browse the site as normal. Rest assured no banners will
appear on your userlookups!

"Balyn" <balyn_62@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is anyone else getting the ads, only this time at the
> bottom of the page? If not, I may have picked up
> some ad-ware somewhere. It first started when
> refreashing the space station for Garoo tho...
>
> Balyn

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

Bodcat1 [bodcat1@yourunderpantsshaw.ca] said
> Banner Update - You may have noticed a new banner at the bottom of some
> pages. Please bear with us during this experimental phase as we are trying
> to do what is best for the site. With that in mind, these new banners should
> not make the page load any slower for you and are placed at the bottom of
> the page so you can browse the site as normal. Rest assured no banners will
> appear on your userlookups!

And I still don't have them. :-/

<feels left out>

"Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Bodcat1 [bodcat1@yourunderpantsshaw.ca] said
>> Banner Update - You may have noticed a new banner at the bottom of some
>> pages. Please bear with us during this experimental phase as we are
>> trying
>> to do what is best for the site. With that in mind, these new banners
>> should
>> not make the page load any slower for you and are placed at the bottom of
>> the page so you can browse the site as normal. Rest assured no banners
>> will
>> appear on your userlookups!
>
> And I still don't have them. :-/
>
> <feels left out>

They really are on just some of the pages. Try refreshing at
the Space Stations main page if you really want to see them.

Just had a thought about people not getting them... when
killing the banner ads at the top, as several people did, there
was also a bit to add so it wouldn't contact the adserver.
Connected? I wouldn't be able to say as I never added that
bit in when hiding the top.

Balyn

"Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Bodcat1 [bodcat1@yourunderpantsshaw.ca] said
>> Banner Update - You may have noticed a new banner at the bottom of some
>> pages. Please bear with us during this experimental phase as we are
>> trying
>> to do what is best for the site. With that in mind, these new banners
>> should
>> not make the page load any slower for you and are placed at the bottom of
>> the page so you can browse the site as normal. Rest assured no banners
>> will
>> appear on your userlookups!
>
> And I still don't have them. :-/
>
> <feels left out>

Maybe you aren't scrolling down far enough, or waiting for them to load, or
the blocks that you have work for the new banners too. I find that they
don't load very quickly, so sometimes when I am SWing they just aren't there
before I have left the page.

daramark

does anyone have a fix to keep these ads out? I don't really mind them, being
at the bottom and all as I hardly ever have that much screen open, but no
matter what they say, the pages are opening WAY slower.

"daramark" <dara.butler@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> "Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Bodcat1 [bodcat1@yourunderpantsshaw.ca] said
> >> Banner Update - You may have noticed a new banner at the bottom of some
> >> pages. Please bear with us during this experimental phase as we are
> >> trying
> >> to do what is best for the site. With that in mind, these new banners
> >> should
> >> not make the page load any slower for you and are placed at the bottom of
> >> the page so you can browse the site as normal. Rest assured no banners
> >> will
> >> appear on your userlookups!
> >
> > And I still don't have them. :-/
> >
> > <feels left out>
>
> Maybe you aren't scrolling down far enough, or waiting for them to load, or
> the blocks that you have work for the new banners too. I find that they
> don't load very quickly, so sometimes when I am SWing they just aren't there
> before I have left the page.
>
> daramark

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

daramark [dara.butler@sympatico.ca] said

> > And I still don't have them. :-/
> >
> > <feels left out>
>
> Maybe you aren't scrolling down far enough, or waiting for them to load, or
> the blocks that you have work for the new banners too. I find that they
> don't load very quickly, so sometimes when I am SWing they just aren't there
> before I have left the page.

Nope I definitely have not had a bottom ad yet.

I am blocking the top ones so maybe that has something to do with it, or
it might be because I am in the UK - who knows - but if they were there
I would have surely have spotted them by now.