Mondoman

Splendid
Yes, dual channel mode should work automatically, as long as you install one DIMM in each channel (that is, one in each blue slot). Intel's chipset is very forgiving, and only requires that the same total amount of RAM be in each channel.

cptblackeye

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
Hello i wanted to know if there was any way of running these two sticks of ram in dual channel mode in my Intel Dp965LT motherboard

Corsair ram
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820145529

OCZ
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227081
I have the Intel DP965 LT mobo and the corsair won't be a problem. As for the OCZ, probably won't work because of voltage unless it will run at 1.8v. the DP965LT is very picky about ram voltage (1.8v). Someone posted that with a new BIOS update you can run 1.9 v ram. I haven't seen this anywhere on Intels support page.
Let me know if you try the higher voltage OCZ and how it works out.

Mondoman

Splendid
...As for the OCZ, probably won't work because of voltage unless it will run at 1.8v....
All DDR2 runs at 1.8V by definition. Of course, it might not run quite as fast as at 2.1V. In the OP's case, since the ValueSelect will drag down the speed and timings to its level, the OCZ won't be the limiting factor.

Seko

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
Ok first of all thanks to everyone that replied i really appriciate it. In all my wisdom i thought it would be no problem to mix the ocz and corsair ram up and i thought they would work fine. For atleast a month or so i have been running the ocz on my pc and its been great. I was suprised that i worked, knowing that it was a 2.1v and my mobo requires 1.8v. Anyway i already have the corsair ram and i tried to put the two together and it works however very unstable. Either that or im doing something wrong. Now i played FEAR with no lags( i had some lag with OCZ alone) and i saw some other improvements like loading xp faster. But when i restarted the pc it wouldnt boot, it kept turing off by itself. I had to move around the bios pin several time then it started working again. Im going to try to put the corsair back in and hope taht it works. And is there anything special i have to do? like mess with the timings or whatever??Because i have no problem running them both at 533mhz even though my ocz rated 800ddr2 i have been running it at 533 tahts the only way my motherboard accepted it. Thanks again and keep thos comments coming

Mondoman

Splendid
Try installing only the ValueSelect and testing it out by running memtest86+ and PRIME95. Unfortunately, ValueSelect is among the worst quality of the value lines (no better than "generic" RAM), so you may very well have a bad stick. If you see any errors in the ValueSelect, RMA it for a replacement.

Seko

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
lol yet another casulty of newegg reviews :( everyone was saying how good it was.Ok so i have to ask which would be better, to RMA the ram i got and get the same ocz i have now or just get and other value ram?Will it be a problem since OCZ rams are suppose to be 2.1v could two of them harm my motherboar? And i ordered a case fan too which turned out to be peice of junk , and it wont work right doesnt start by itself when i boot up my pc. Could it be that i dont have enough power?

FPS 450w psu
Evga 7600gt
Intel e6300
ocz ram
two case fans
Dp965lt motherboard
sata hdd
2 DVD rom/rw
floppy
i thought for this confi. wouldnt need more than 450w? is that good enough or should scrap something off

BMFM

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
All DDR2 runs at 1.8V by definition. Of course, it might not run quite as fast as at 2.1V. In the OP's case, since the ValueSelect will drag down the speed and timings to its level, the OCZ won't be the limiting factor.
Exactly what I thought... Since it's a 2.1V part, its frequency will be downgraded to match that of the Corsair (speed and timings as well).

In this case it’s better to use both sticks in DDR2-533 and save a couple of bucks from the OCZ, or go all the way with both sticks at DDR2-800 speed.

Regarding compatibility issues with your motherboard, I couldn’t answer that.

Mondoman

Splendid
... which would be better, to RMA the ram i got and get the same ocz i have now
Yes, unless you are on an extreme budget squeeze, that's what I would do. For extreme budget squeeze, RMA and/or sell both and buy some ValueRAM or similar decent "value" line.

Will it be a problem since OCZ rams are suppose to be 2.1v
No, the 2.1V does NOT mean they need 2.1V to work. It means that they MAY need 2.1V to work *at the speed/latency they are spec'd at.* Changing MB voltage from "normal" is done manually in the BIOS, so you will know if the voltage is changed, because you are the only one who can do it!
Read this post for some info on manufacturer's specs, voltages, etc:
http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=1249881#1249881

Could it be that i dont have enough power?

FPS 450w psu
Assuming you meant "FSP" (Fortron Source), that's a good power supply that should be plenty for your system.

Seko

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
alright hmm if i get ocz ram i wont be able to run it at 800. I still have to run it at 533 which doesnt change much from what i have now, and also if i decide with ocz i have to pay return shipping on value ram which will become a little costly. Since this is the second time i rma a ram. I went for corsair xms 2 but it was 3.1v and it didnt work at all now i dont want to go back and forth. Unless if i could find the OCZ that i have now a little cheaper i knew i should have gone for two. I bought it for about 60$, now its 75$. Im going to look for it see if i can find a cheaper than newegg if not im going to stick with value ram. I really appriciate the help guys thanks alot to everyone.