Anyone notice.....

The advertising overkill happening on neo....

Now there is an ad at the bottom of all the pages

"~Kerry~" <kpmatias1NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The advertising overkill happening on neo....
>
> Now there is an ad at the bottom of all the pages
Yes, I just noticed that. <melodramatically> Will it ever end???

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

~Mikki~ [mikki721@charter.net] said
> "~Kerry~" <kpmatias1NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > The advertising overkill happening on neo....
> >
> > Now there is an ad at the bottom of all the pages
> Yes, I just noticed that. <melodramatically> Will it ever end???

Fine here. Any specific pages?

"Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> ~Mikki~ [mikki721@charter.net] said
>> "~Kerry~" <kpmatias1NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > The advertising overkill happening on neo....
>> >
>> > Now there is an ad at the bottom of all the pages
>> Yes, I just noticed that. <melodramatically> Will it ever end???
>>

> Fine here. Any specific pages?

chat boards, guilds, main shops page, games pages, bank

i do not see it on userlookups and i have run my spyware programs just to be
sure. The ads also match some of the top ads that neo's been playin

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

~Kerry~ [kpmatias1NOSPAM@hotmail.com] said

> "Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > ~Mikki~ [mikki721@charter.net] said
> >> "~Kerry~" <kpmatias1NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> >> Yes, I just noticed that. <melodramatically> Will it ever end???
> >>

> > Fine here. Any specific pages?
>
> chat boards, guilds, main shops page, games pages, bank
>
> i do not see it on userlookups and i have run my spyware programs just to be
> sure. The ads also match some of the top ads that neo's been playin

Odd. Still none here so far...

CK

Distinguished
May 25, 2004

Les wrote:
> ~Kerry~ [kpmatias1NOSPAM@hotmail.com] said
>
>>"Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>>Fine here. Any specific pages?
>>
>>chat boards, guilds, main shops page, games pages, bank
>>
>>i do not see it on userlookups and i have run my spyware programs just to be
>>sure. The ads also match some of the top ads that neo's been playin
>
> Odd. Still none here so far...

If you've been logged onto Neopets the whole time, it may not show up
until after you've logged off and log on again. It did so for me too.

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

CK [christal63@yahoo.com] said

> > Odd. Still none here so far...
>
> If you've been logged onto Neopets the whole time, it may not show up
> until after you've logged off and log on again. It did so for me too.

Just tried that and nope.

But I'm sure they will be along in their own time.

> CK [christal63@yahoo.com] said
>
>> > Odd. Still none here so far...
>>
>> If you've been logged onto Neopets the whole time, it may not show up
>> until after you've logged off and log on again. It did so for me too.
>>

> Just tried that and nope.
>
> But I'm sure they will be along in their own time.

where do you list yourself as livin on neo Les?

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

~Kerry~ [kpmatias1NOSPAM@hotmail.com] said

> "Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > CK [christal63@yahoo.com] said

> >> If you've been logged onto Neopets the whole time, it may not show up
> >> until after you've logged off and log on again. It did so for me too.
> >>

> > Just tried that and nope.
> >
> > But I'm sure they will be along in their own time.
>

> where do you list yourself as livin on neo Les?

It is currently Antarctica. I know I had a good reason to set it to that
but for the life of me I can not remember what that might have been. :)

But there may be more to it as I never, for example, got to get the ice
bori even though I set my country to USA. I wonder if they look at IP
address range or something too.

Is anyone else *not* seeing these extra ads?

>Is anyone else *not* seeing these extra ads?

I'm not seeing them. I haven't tried logging out and back in, mainly
because if that's how to get them, I don't want them so no need to
experiment!

I did that thing recently that was on here, though, messing with the Host
file or whatever it was, so the ads in the top of my screen aren't there,
not even white space, the yellow part just gets moved to the top of the
page. Maybe that's affecting the bottom ads for me also? Or maybe it's
like you said, Les, that they'll be along soon... *sigh* hope not.

-Lois

Hehe, guess the 'news' is always a good place to go:

"Banner Update - You may have noticed a new banner at the bottom of some
pages. Please bear with us during this experimental phase as we are trying
to do what is best for the site. With that in mind, these new banners
should not make the page load any slower for you and are placed at the
bottom of the page so you can browse the site as normal. Rest assured no
banners will appear on your userlookups!"

Still doesn't explain why some of us have the ads and some don't, but at
least it's not adware or any junk like that.

-Lois

"gsulois" <gsulois@nospam.com> wrote in message
> >Is anyone else *not* seeing these extra ads?
>
> I'm not seeing them. I haven't tried logging out and back in, mainly
> because if that's how to get them, I don't want them so no need to
> experiment!
>
> I did that thing recently that was on here, though, messing with the Host
> file or whatever it was, so the ads in the top of my screen aren't there,
> not even white space, the yellow part just gets moved to the top of the
> page. Maybe that's affecting the bottom ads for me also? Or maybe it's
> like you said, Les, that they'll be along soon... *sigh* hope not.

In the news...
Banner Update - You may have noticed a new banner at the bottom of some
pages. Please bear with us during this experimental phase as we are trying
do what is best for the site. With that in mind, these new banners should
not make
the page load any slower for you and are placed at the bottom of the page so
you can browse the site as normal. Rest assured no banners will appear on
your
userlookups!

Way to scare the hell out of us guys.... :p

Balyn

I have a sort of impression the ads may be random, though I am likely
mistaken.

"gsulois" <> wrote >