Anyone notice.....

The advertising overkill happening on neo....

Now there is an ad at the bottom of all the pages
12 answers Last reply
More about anyone notice

    "~Kerry~" <kpmatias1NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > The advertising overkill happening on neo....
    >
    > Now there is an ad at the bottom of all the pages
    Yes, I just noticed that. <melodramatically> Will it ever end???

    ~Mikki~ [mikki721@charter.net] said
    > "~Kerry~" <kpmatias1NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > The advertising overkill happening on neo....
    > >
    > > Now there is an ad at the bottom of all the pages
    > Yes, I just noticed that. <melodramatically> Will it ever end???

    Fine here. Any specific pages?

    "Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > ~Mikki~ [mikki721@charter.net] said
    >> "~Kerry~" <kpmatias1NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> > The advertising overkill happening on neo....
    >> >
    >> > Now there is an ad at the bottom of all the pages
    >> Yes, I just noticed that. <melodramatically> Will it ever end???
    >>

    > Fine here. Any specific pages?

    chat boards, guilds, main shops page, games pages, bank

    i do not see it on userlookups and i have run my spyware programs just to be
    sure. The ads also match some of the top ads that neo's been playin

    ~Kerry~ [kpmatias1NOSPAM@hotmail.com] said

    > "Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > ~Mikki~ [mikki721@charter.net] said
    > >> "~Kerry~" <kpmatias1NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > >> Yes, I just noticed that. <melodramatically> Will it ever end???
    > >>

    > > Fine here. Any specific pages?
    >
    > chat boards, guilds, main shops page, games pages, bank
    >
    > i do not see it on userlookups and i have run my spyware programs just to be
    > sure. The ads also match some of the top ads that neo's been playin

    Odd. Still none here so far...

    Les wrote:
    > ~Kerry~ [kpmatias1NOSPAM@hotmail.com] said
    >
    >>"Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>>Fine here. Any specific pages?
    >>
    >>chat boards, guilds, main shops page, games pages, bank
    >>
    >>i do not see it on userlookups and i have run my spyware programs just to be
    >>sure. The ads also match some of the top ads that neo's been playin
    >
    > Odd. Still none here so far...

    If you've been logged onto Neopets the whole time, it may not show up
    until after you've logged off and log on again. It did so for me too.

    --
    Christine in Vantaa, Finland
    christal63 (at) yahoo (dot) com

    CK [christal63@yahoo.com] said

    > > Odd. Still none here so far...
    >
    > If you've been logged onto Neopets the whole time, it may not show up
    > until after you've logged off and log on again. It did so for me too.

    Just tried that and nope.

    But I'm sure they will be along in their own time.

    > CK [christal63@yahoo.com] said
    >
    >> > Odd. Still none here so far...
    >>
    >> If you've been logged onto Neopets the whole time, it may not show up
    >> until after you've logged off and log on again. It did so for me too.
    >>

    > Just tried that and nope.
    >
    > But I'm sure they will be along in their own time.

    where do you list yourself as livin on neo Les?

    ~Kerry~ [kpmatias1NOSPAM@hotmail.com] said

    > "Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > CK [christal63@yahoo.com] said

    > >> If you've been logged onto Neopets the whole time, it may not show up
    > >> until after you've logged off and log on again. It did so for me too.
    > >>

    > > Just tried that and nope.
    > >
    > > But I'm sure they will be along in their own time.
    >

    > where do you list yourself as livin on neo Les?

    It is currently Antarctica. I know I had a good reason to set it to that
    but for the life of me I can not remember what that might have been. :-)

    But there may be more to it as I never, for example, got to get the ice
    bori even though I set my country to USA. I wonder if they look at IP
    address range or something too.

    Is anyone else *not* seeing these extra ads?

    >Is anyone else *not* seeing these extra ads?

    I'm not seeing them. I haven't tried logging out and back in, mainly
    because if that's how to get them, I don't want them so no need to
    experiment!

    I did that thing recently that was on here, though, messing with the Host
    file or whatever it was, so the ads in the top of my screen aren't there,
    not even white space, the yellow part just gets moved to the top of the
    page. Maybe that's affecting the bottom ads for me also? Or maybe it's
    like you said, Les, that they'll be along soon... *sigh* hope not.

    -Lois

    Hehe, guess the 'news' is always a good place to go:

    "Banner Update - You may have noticed a new banner at the bottom of some
    pages. Please bear with us during this experimental phase as we are trying
    to do what is best for the site. With that in mind, these new banners
    should not make the page load any slower for you and are placed at the
    bottom of the page so you can browse the site as normal. Rest assured no
    banners will appear on your userlookups!"

    Still doesn't explain why some of us have the ads and some don't, but at
    least it's not adware or any junk like that.

    -Lois

    "gsulois" <gsulois@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > >Is anyone else *not* seeing these extra ads?
    >
    > I'm not seeing them. I haven't tried logging out and back in, mainly
    > because if that's how to get them, I don't want them so no need to
    > experiment!
    >
    > I did that thing recently that was on here, though, messing with the Host
    > file or whatever it was, so the ads in the top of my screen aren't there,
    > not even white space, the yellow part just gets moved to the top of the
    > page. Maybe that's affecting the bottom ads for me also? Or maybe it's
    > like you said, Les, that they'll be along soon... *sigh* hope not.

    In the news...
    Banner Update - You may have noticed a new banner at the bottom of some
    pages. Please bear with us during this experimental phase as we are trying
    do what is best for the site. With that in mind, these new banners should
    not make
    the page load any slower for you and are placed at the bottom of the page so
    you can browse the site as normal. Rest assured no banners will appear on
    your
    userlookups!

    Way to scare the hell out of us guys.... :p

    Balyn

    I have a sort of impression the ads may be random, though I am likely
    mistaken.

    "gsulois" <> wrote >
    > Still doesn't explain why some of us have the ads and some don't, but at
    > least it's not adware or any junk like that.

Games Video Games