Document Scanning Which Equipment?

I am looking for a scanner to scan business documents direct to pdf.
Looking for some suggestions on the equipment. I have seen info on the
Xerox 510 document scanner, however I can pick up a cheap multi
function that can scan pages as well. I know the stand alone doc
scanner will be faster but the multis are so cheap. Appreciate any
advice.

Rob

On 25 Aug 2004 18:15:53 -0700, robertw4771@yahoo.com (robert weisberg) wrote:

> I am looking for a scanner to scan business documents direct to pdf.
> Looking for some suggestions on the equipment. I have seen info on the
> Xerox 510 document scanner, however I can pick up a cheap multi
> function that can scan pages as well. I know the stand alone doc
> scanner will be faster but the multis are so cheap. Appreciate any
> advice.

All scanners will scan to pdf. It is the software that does the conversion, not
the scanner.

"robert weisberg" <robertw4771@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I am looking for a scanner to scan business documents direct to pdf.
> Looking for some suggestions on the equipment. I have seen info on the
> Xerox 510 document scanner, however I can pick up a cheap multi
> function that can scan pages as well. I know the stand alone doc
> scanner will be faster but the multis are so cheap. Appreciate any
> advice.
>
> Rob

Rob,
As the previous poster said, all scanners will scan to PDF it is the
software that does the magic work for you.

I would recommend a cheap multi with an ADF, then look at our software
called Art-Copy Business Edition.

It works great with giving you a multiple page PDF file.
--
Thanks,

Clarence Klopfstein
PH: 513-528-6660