Document Scanning Which Equipment?

I am looking for a scanner to scan business documents direct to pdf.
Looking for some suggestions on the equipment. I have seen info on the
Xerox 510 document scanner, however I can pick up a cheap multi
function that can scan pages as well. I know the stand alone doc
scanner will be faster but the multis are so cheap. Appreciate any
advice.

Rob
3 answers Last reply
More about document scanning equipment

    On 25 Aug 2004 18:15:53 -0700, robertw4771@yahoo.com (robert weisberg) wrote:

    > I am looking for a scanner to scan business documents direct to pdf.
    > Looking for some suggestions on the equipment. I have seen info on the
    > Xerox 510 document scanner, however I can pick up a cheap multi
    > function that can scan pages as well. I know the stand alone doc
    > scanner will be faster but the multis are so cheap. Appreciate any
    > advice.

    All scanners will scan to pdf. It is the software that does the conversion, not
    the scanner.

    "robert weisberg" <robertw4771@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I am looking for a scanner to scan business documents direct to pdf.
    > Looking for some suggestions on the equipment. I have seen info on the
    > Xerox 510 document scanner, however I can pick up a cheap multi
    > function that can scan pages as well. I know the stand alone doc
    > scanner will be faster but the multis are so cheap. Appreciate any
    > advice.
    >
    > Rob

    Rob,
    As the previous poster said, all scanners will scan to PDF it is the
    software that does the magic work for you.

    I would recommend a cheap multi with an ADF, then look at our software
    called Art-Copy Business Edition.

    It works great with giving you a multiple page PDF file.
    --
    Thanks,

    Clarence Klopfstein
    PH: 513-528-6660
    Fax: 513-528-3470
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

    Forgot our domain :)

    http://www.scanhelp.com

    --
    Thanks,

    Clarence Klopfstein
    PH: 513-528-6660
    Fax: 513-528-3470

    "Clarence Klopfstein" <clarence@jetsoftdev.com> wrote in message

    > "robert weisberg" <robertw4771@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>I am looking for a scanner to scan business documents direct to pdf.
    >> Looking for some suggestions on the equipment. I have seen info on the
    >> Xerox 510 document scanner, however I can pick up a cheap multi
    >> function that can scan pages as well. I know the stand alone doc
    >> scanner will be faster but the multis are so cheap. Appreciate any
    >> advice.
    >>
    >> Rob
    >
    > Rob,
    > As the previous poster said, all scanners will scan to PDF it is the
    > software that does the magic work for you.
    >
    > I would recommend a cheap multi with an ADF, then look at our software
    > called Art-Copy Business Edition.
    >
    > It works great with giving you a multiple page PDF file.
    > --
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Clarence Klopfstein
    > PH: 513-528-6660