Sign in with
Your question

m2n32-sli deluxe + Memory

Last response: in Motherboards
October 16, 2006 9:34:00 PM

I'm looking to purchase some memory for the M2n32-sli Deluxe, but not sure what sorts of memory timing I should aim at. I'de like to get the dd2 800, but like I said, not sure which buy is the best bang for the buck with these MOBOs.

I know asus posted something on their site about the old 939 socket version about recommended memory (A8N32-sli deluxe) but didn't see anything on the new board.

Thanks in advance,

Berthor
October 20, 2006 10:19:48 PM

Have you already aquired such motherboard?
October 21, 2006 1:09:16 AM

I haven't yet, but I'm pretty sure that I will. Why, are you recommending something different?
Related resources
October 21, 2006 2:11:56 AM

Quote:
I haven't yet, but I'm pretty sure that I will. Why, are you recommending something different?

Absolutely, the DFI LanParty UT NF590 SLI-M2R/G is a much better overclocker (the best AM2 OCer actually).
It doesnt have the RAM issues the M2N series have.
October 21, 2006 9:54:46 AM

I have no problems with my M2N mobo using the memory that is listed in the manual. This memory is also pritty easy to get hold of from most of my suppliers I use. The manual is avaialble from Asus's website and lists the memory that will work without problems.

I purchased the board after most of the overclocking reviews I looked at used the M2N board to perform their overclocking tests and found the board stable in excess of 350MHz.
October 21, 2006 8:03:47 PM

Yeah, I'm not really looking to overclock the system much. while it would be fun to do, I don't really feel like dumping that much more money into the system.

basically, I'm going to be looking into getting a full system about the time Nvidia releases their new flagship cars. thanks for all your input so far guys.

Berthor
October 22, 2006 4:58:38 AM

As a rule of thumb, the better something OCs the more stable itll be at stock speeds.
!